Chapala.com Webboard

Chinese vaccines do not control Omicron

geeser

The Pandemic's Wrongest Man

You could spend days reading posts of anti vaxxers here on Chapala.com who throw out all kinds of nonsense.  One consistent theme in these posts is that these posters completely ignore the fatality rate statistics of the Vaxxed vs Non-vaxxed. 

Dead people in body bags, got it? That is the bottom line, not the infection rate.  Numbers do not lie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ibarra said:

29 minutes ago, Kiko said:

The Pandemic's Wrongest Man

You could spend days reading posts of anti vaxxers here on Chapala.com who throw out all kinds of nonsense.  One consistent theme in these posts is that these posters completely ignore the fatality rate statistics of the Vaxxed vs Non-vaxxed. 

Dead people in body bags, got it? That is the bottom line, not the infection rate.  Numbers do not lie.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/04/pandemics-wrongest-man/618475/

"To be honest, I initially had serious doubts about publishing this piece. The trap of exposing conspiracy theories is obvious: To demonstrate why a theory is wrong, you have to explain it and, in doing so, incur the risk that some people will be convinced by the very theory you’re trying to debunk. But that horse has left the barn. More than half of Republicans under the age of 50 say they simply won’t get a vaccine. Their hesitancy is being fanned by right-wing hacks, Fox News showboats, and vaccine skeptics like Alex Berenson. The case for the vaccines is built upon a firm foundation of scientific discovery, clinical-trial data, and real-world evidence. The case against the vaccines wobbles because it is built upon a steaming pile of bullshit."

Built on bullshit and maliciousness! IMO

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I know of two posters on this board who rant and rave about the dangers of Covid vaccinations but in fact they have been vaccinated with Pfizer and the booster.  

C-o-g-n-i-t-i-v-e.....D-i-s-s-o-n-a-n-c-e?  LOL never a dull moment on Chapala.com

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well.  This term "anti-vaxers" in really ridiculous. People are not against all vaccines.  It is just that there is no confidence in these injections and I don't understand why anyone should criticize those who chose another way to handle their health.

It is all personal choice.  Some probably do well with those injections and some do not.  There is NOT one size fits all medication or treatment method for everyone.  We are not machines to be fixed with standardized equipment.

• Like 3

And eating fast food and putting garbage in their bodies affects other people HOW?

13 minutes ago, Zeb said:

People eat fast food and put garbage in their bodies, then get sick.  Their choice.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Zeb said:

Well.  This term "anti-vaxers" in really ridiculous. People are not against all vaccines.  It is just that there is no confidence in these injections and I don't understand why anyone should criticize those who chose another way to handle their health.

It is all personal choice.  Some probably do well with those injections and some do not.  There is NOT one size fits all medication or treatment method for everyone.  We are not machines to be fixed with standardized equipment.

Let me explain again. We are vaccinated for ourselves as well as for our community. Unvaxxed have a higher viral load than vaxxed persons. If someone is exposed to an unvaxxed person with Covid, they are more likely to contract Covid and receive more and stronger virus in the process. Not getting vaccinated may be a personal choice, but it is a very selfish and irresponsible one IMHO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

21 minutes ago, Ferret said:

And eating fast food and putting garbage in their bodies affects other people HOW?

Well, to be fair, people who don't take care of themselves often end up hospitalized due to complications of obesity, high blood pressure, heart attacks, etc., so they do put unnecessary strain on the health care system. But it's not nearly so immediate nor wide-ranging as infecting others with a contagious disease.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Zeb said:

I can guarantee that if the internet had existed back when they came up with a vaccine for smallpox and polio, there would have been people spreading misinformation about those vaccines, and other people believing the misinformation and having "no confidence" in them. We'd still have people dying of smallpox and ending up in wheelchairs for the rest of their lives due to polio because they made a "personal choice" not to get vaccinated or had contact with someone who made that choice.

How one deals with a highly contagious and deadly disease isn't a matter of handling one's own health. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And it is the reason that public health authorities can take certain actions; like quarentines, closures, and even some 'mandates'. It is for the "public good".

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 2:01 PM, MtnMama said:

Let me explain again. We are vaccinated for ourselves as well as for our community. Unvaxxed have a higher viral load than vaxxed persons. If someone is exposed to an unvaxxed person with Covid, they are more likely to contract Covid and receive more and stronger virus in the process. Not getting vaccinated may be a personal choice, but it is a very selfish and irresponsible one IMHO.

Well I was never vaccinated for the flu. I had it once when I was young and that was it. So I guess I am putting you at  risk to a stronger flu reaction ?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/26/2022 at 1:44 PM, Zeb said:

I find the term antivaxer as bad as those who use the term Vaxhole, to describe people who are always asking about the next booster and comparing what shots or combination people have. 

When in comes down to name calling we've struck bottom. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HoneyBee said:

Well I was never vaccinated for the flu. I had it once when I was young and that was it. So I guess I am putting you at  risk to a stronger flu reaction ?

I've never had a flu vaccine, either. Do you not understand the difference between influenza and Covid? Covid is far more contagious, far more deadly, and as far as I'm aware, no one suffers from "long influenza". 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 2:01 PM, MtnMama said:

That is certainly one view point from some physicians.  There are also many physicians with a totally different analysis of the situation.

It is not selfish to do what one believes is in the best interest for one's health.  I, for one, am of the opinion those shots will do me a lot of harm based on medical history, so according to you, I should it anyway ....for others.  No.  I will not ruin my health that way.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Zeb said:

That is certainly one view point from some physicians.  There are also many physicians with a totally different analysis of the situation.

It is not selfish to do what one believes is in the best interest for one's health.  I, for one, am of the opinion those shots will do me a lot of harm based on medical history, so according to you, I should it anyway ....for others.  No.  I will not ruin my health that way.

Also, I would  not demand someone else not get them because I won't.  It is not my place to make decisions for another adult.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Zeb said:

Also, I would  not demand someone else not get them because I won't.  It is not my place to make decisions for another adult.

If you were in need of critical surgery would you be satisfied with your hospital if you could not receive the surgery because the ICU was full of Covid patients?  Surgeries stop when the ICU is full and guess who is filling up all of those ICU beds.  It is not Goldilocks.  

That exact scenario happened to me last week.  Best of luck to you.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kiko said:

If you were in need of critical surgery would you be satisfied with your hospital if you could not receive the surgery because the ICU was full of Covid patients?  Surgeries stop when the ICU is full and guess who is filling up all of those ICU beds.  It is not Goldilocks.  

That exact scenario happened to me last week.  Best of luck to you.

So I and everyone should get a shot that could do damage to prevent the hospitals from being full. Boy are you reaching there.

• Sad 1

Just now, Zeb said:

So I and everyone should get a shot that could do damage to prevent the hospitals from being full. Boy are you reaching there.

I can see that you will never be convinced that these injections are not for everyone.....I hope no one ever forces medicine on you that you don't want, yet that is what you want for others.....

• Like 2

Who should you believe? Folks posting on Facebook and on forums like this or your family doctor, whom you and yours have been going to for years.

Me? I checked with my doctor, lakeside and my family doctor up here in Seattle.  They both tressed the same thing, get your vaccine shots.

So I got my first Pfizer shot last March, my second in April and a Moderna booster shot in late December.  

I had only a very small negative reaction from each of the shots and I feal great today.

So, folks, check with your trusted doctors, not Facebook.

Please, if it is possible and safe for you, get your Vaccine shots ASAP

See you all lakeside next week

• Thanks 2