Chapala.com Webboard

Chinese vaccines do not control Omicron

geeser

10 hours ago, RickS said:

I *think* that it is pertaining to the West Bank and Gaza. Those two places are setting records for infections and deaths.  Additionally there is the 'terrorists' thing in the West Bank also.

.... and IMO your last sentence above is/was uncalled for.

Totally uncalled for, agree 110% with RickS.   

And the MODS should delete all of the posts by "diclo-saurus" both above, and below this one, referring to nazis, Israel, and Palestinians, they are politically biased to say the least and have no place in this forum.

• Sad 1

Seriously Virgo Lady, i don't understand why it is so umportant to you to try to shut people down and censor them just because you don't agree with them.  And anybody that grew up speaking English as their first language knows that by calling someone a grammar nazi has absolutely nothing to do with Hitler, WWII, or the Nazis.  It is just an expression.  All I did was question the fact that the CDC just put Israel in its category Level 4 and pointing out that they are one of the most vaxxed countries.  That is all I was saying.  I never mentioned anything to do with the Israeli-Palestinion conflict.  But some of your buddies certainly did.  I'm glad I stayed out of that hornet's nest.

• Like 4

In France we have a problem in the southeast where we have a concentration of people from norther Africa.. the proper word if people of the Magreb as the word Arab is now not PC . The customs are different, there are less vaccinated people, they is more kissing and embracing, more overcrowding less attention to rules and I bet Isrel has the same problem in their population . Also if there is a problem in NY with the more Orthodox communities, I bet Israel has the same problem.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, bmh said:

In France we have a problem in the southeast where we have a concentration of people from norther Africa.. the proper word if people of the Magreb as the word Arab is now not PC . The customs are different, there are less vaccinated people, they is more kissing and embracing, more overcrowding less attention to rules and I bet Isrel has the same problem in their population . Also if there is a problem in NY with the more Orthodox communities, I bet Israel has the same problem.

Everytime I read the surveys, France comes out as number 1 in public healthcare. The U.S.A. usually comes out 16 or 17, despite having the highest per patient healthcare costs in the world.

28 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

Everytime I read the surveys, France comes out as number 1 in public healthcare. The U.S.A. usually comes out 16 or 17, despite having the highest per patient healthcare costs in the world.

One of the reason I believe for the high cost of health care is that the medical profession has to carry expensive liability insurance to cover for "malpractice" law suits.  

19 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

One of the reason I believe for the high cost of health care is that the medical profession has to carry expensive liability insurance to cover for "malpractice" law suits.  

Honeybee, that it is the litigious public that causes our high medical cost, has been discounted over and over. 

Malpractice costs

The issue of malpractice litigation adds to the cost of medicine both directly and indirectly (by triggering defensive medicine).

The direct cost, which affects total health care expenditures only minimally, is the malpractice insurance premiums paid by physicians, other providers, health care institutions, and medical drug and device manufacturers. These premiums, which cover claim settlements and malpractice insurance company overhead and profits, must ultimately be paid from health care revenues.

As onerous as premiums and the threat of lawsuits can be for individual physicians (particularly in certain high-risk specialties and geographic areas), direct malpractice costs do not affect total health care costs significantly. Premiums have generally remained stable for 5 years (increasing 4% over that period), with an average total annual malpractice premium amount paid by physicians and institutions of about $9.5 billion, representing only about 0.3% of total annual health care costs. Average malpractice settlements paid out were $4.4 billion (about 0.14% of health care costs)—see National Association of Insurance Commissioners: Countrywide Summary of Medical Professional Liability Insurance, Calendar Years 2005 - 2019.

• Thanks 2

That sort of averaging malpractice costs into all general medical costs doesn't really convey the impact litigation has on individual physicians.

Here's a good summary with representative specialties and for different areas:

https://www.leveragerx.com/blog/medical-malpractice-insurance-cost/

An overview of rates by specialty and location

The full list of premium rates in the AMA report are as follows:

Obstetrics/gynecology

• Los Angeles-Orange County, California: $49,804
  • Connecticut: $170,389
  • Miami-Dade, Florida: $190,829
  • Cook-Madison-St. Clair, Illinois: $177,441
  • New Jersey: $90,749
  • Nassau-Suffolk, New York: $214,999
  • Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: $119,466

General Surgery

• Los Angeles-Orange County, California: $41,775
  • Connecticut: $65,803
  • Miami-Dade, Florida: $190,829
  • Cook-Madison-St. Clair, Illinois: $118,909
  • New Jersey: $60,810
  • Nassau-Suffolk, New York: $134,923
  • Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: $85,930

Internal Medicine

• Los Angeles-Orange County, California: $8,274
  • Connecticut: $34,700
  • Miami-Dade, Florida: $47,707
  • Cook-Madison-St. Clair, Illinois: $40,865
  • New Jersey: $15,900
  • Nassau-Suffolk, New York: $33,852
  • Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: $24,433

You are all on the wrong track. What drives medical costs up is the new imported luxury cars - Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes - all doctors want to be among the first with a new ride in the doctor's only parking lot.

Canada, while paying fairly well, the doctor would be lucky to get a new Volvo every five years.

2 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

And anybody that grew up speaking English as their first language knows that by calling someone a grammar nazi has absolutely nothing to do with Hitler, WWII, or the Nazis.  It is just an expression. 

You and your buddy Rudy Giuliani must be very happy together.    "Trial by Combat" is just an expression too.....gee, what could possibly go wrong?

2007093-George-Carlin-Quote-Never-argue-with-an-idiot-They-will-only-bring.jpg

• Sad 1

Virgo Lady I think you need to take a course on civility and learn how to have a proper discussion not an argument.  Its not necessary to constantly get hysterical and down right nasty all the time with everybody you disagree with.  I am not being an $%&/()a by asking questions about things that do not add up.  I think its very important to have these discussions, there is absolutely nothing wrong with discussing things and asking questions.  I think the true $%&/()as are those that do not ask questions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

You are all on the wrong track. What drives medical costs up is the new imported luxury cars - Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes - all doctors want to be among the first with a new ride in the doctor's only parking lot.

Canada, while paying fairly well, the doctor would be lucky to get a new Volvo every five years.

I lived in Ontario for 11 years. Just down the road from my home was a walk in clinic. The Doctor drove a top of the line Porsche. (yes even in the Winter).

5 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

That sort of averaging malpractice costs into all general medical costs doesn't really convey the impact litigation has on individual physicians.

There is a website somewhere (I am too lazy to look it up) that will provide a list of payments that  individual doctors receive from big pharma companies.  Pretty much a wash for malpractice premiums vs kickbacks from big pharma for some doctors.  The oncologists are making a killing, no pun intended. 

Most every doctor I have nowadays drives a Tesla.  I'm ok with that, most of them earned the Tesla the old fashion way, hard work.  Some not so much.

As the Mexicans say, "pantallas detras pantallas."

5 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Didn't say that it didn't cost individual doctors a bunch of cash for malpractice insurance but was addressing the comment that  the 'high cost of health care' (in general) is because of high malpractice insurance. This is simply not true no matter how much each specialty has to pay. Malpractice insurance in the US in general constitutes very little towards the high cost of health care overall.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RickS said:

Malpractice insurance in the US in general constitutes very little towards the high cost of health care overall.

Agree.....look at the cost of med schools in the US and the restricted supply they accept & graduate from them.     Many good US students have thus chosen to go to U of Guad med school and others, and then return to US for their licensing.