Chapala.com Webboard

Chinese vaccines do not control Omicron

geeser

On 1/18/2022 at 4:45 PM, Jreboll said:

Bunch of loaded questions.  What are you trying to prove?  If you don’t want to take the vaccine, then don’t. Just eat shit and die.

Wow!  So nasty and for no reason.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Zeb said:

Wow!  So nasty and for no reason.

Follow up explanation was erased. In essence what’s happening is that community meetings are being bombarded systematically by certain people with political agendas. They plan and record these encounters and then put them up in social media to promote their agenda. It is propaganda plain and simple and not a way to establish dialogue.

if you like this type of propaganda there are numerous websites where you can see them.

I just chalk it up to the fact that people want to keep on playing the covid games.

Maybe they can get a points system in place.

The more they get vaxed, the more they mask up, the more they social distance the more points they gain.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, southernguy said:

I just chalk it up to the fact that people want to keep on playing the covid games.

The more they get vaxed, the more they mask up, the more they social distance the more points they gain.

Stupid!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, southernguy said:

Maybe that would be your mindset, but please don't try and make it mine.

And of course for that to be a valid thought, it would have to make some sense and I just can't figure out a way to make your statement about it being 'a game' a reasonable one. Sounds much more like a 'swat at the other side' than a reasoned out statement. Those don't add anything to the discourse in any way.

• Like 5

https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-warns-against-travel-to-israel-due-to-surging-omicron-infections/

Can anybody explain to me why the CDC just put Israel in the list of Level 4 countries?  Level 4 is reserved for the highest risk countries in the world for Covid.  You can't even go there unless you have been vaccinated.  So, Israel one of the most vaccinated countries in the world has been placed in Level 4.  Weren't they rolling out vaccine number 4 or was it 5, I lost count.  So, if a vaccinated person is not even safe in one of the most vaccinated countries in the world, why even bother?  If it was the polio vaccine I'd be all for it.  But its not.  Its a vaccine for a pseudo pandemic that has a 99% survival rate.  And it barely works.  It doesn't stop the spread, it doesn't stop the mutation.  It should be reserved primarily for seniors like the 50 % effective flu shots are.  I am not an anti-vaxxer in the least nor a conservative but I am no longer a leftist anymore, I got off that train awhile ago.  If the way they are pushing this quasi medicre vaccine all around the world, especially in Europe, if it does not raise any red flags or seem slightly off to you or over authoritative to you.  Then I don't know to what to say.  Heck, Duterte in the Phillipines just announced that he is considering sending agents house to house and arresting all the unvaxxed.  But I'm sure many of the Covid nazis on this forum would be all for that being implemented here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I *think* that it is pertaining to the West Bank and Gaza. Those two places are setting records for infections and deaths.  Additionally there is the 'terrorists' thing in the West Bank also.

.... and IMO your last sentence above is/was uncalled for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, RickS said:

and IMO your last sentence above is/was uncalled for

If you were referring to the word nazi in the lower case, you know very well I was not referring to the Nazis in upper case or even suggesting Hitler or the Nazis.  I used it as in a grammar nazi those that enjoy criticizing and correcting people who they feel are in error.  And yes 4 or 5 names on this forum come to mind.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RickS said:

I *think* that it is pertaining to the West Bank and Gaza. Those two places are setting records for infections and deaths.  Additionally there is the 'terrorists' thing in the West Bank also.

.... and IMO your last sentence above is/was uncalled for.

And who lives in the West Bank and Gaza?  Palestinians.  The Israelis want them gone.  No secret here.  More covid and few vaccinated = less Palestinians.  .... The good news for Palestinians is that it is super easy to get a US visa since the Israelis want them gone.

Good grief.  Yes I know the Palestinians in the territories are no where near as vaxxed as the Israelis or Arabs living in Israel Proper.  The article was a Times of Israel article and if the CDC meant only the West Bank and Gaza it would have mentioned that small fact.  But it did not.  There are many more articles about this from many leading newspapers, and they mention Israel not the West Bank or Gaza.  How many US tourists going to Israel even step foot in Gaza?  Lots of articles have discussed this for the past few months the high vax rate in Israel and the high hospitalization rate there.  Are the vaccines working?  Lets keep a close eye on Israel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Interesting article in Haaretz on current state of affairs in Israel:

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-israel-s-covid-dashboard-crashes-we-ve-entered-a-new-phase-1.10554114

Two take-aways:

Omicron is not necessarily less severe than its predecessors, but its impact on those who are vaccinated is milder. The bottom line is that the chances of infection are far higher with omicron, but for most of the vaccinated, the danger of serious illness is low...

On the list of discomforting things that the pandemic brought, the dangerous and irresponsible madness of the vaccine opponents easily takes first place. And still, at some point we will have to ask how it came about that such large swaths of the media and of opinion molders became licensed panic-mongers who only exacerbated the public’s anxieties in a time of crisis.

4 hours ago, Dostortas said:

Maybe we should look at it like modern day religion, it comes down to personal core beliefs and as such, we can accept that not everyone holds the same beliefs or has the same views but we need not judge or condemn them for their beliefs.

5e91468ff78ab25966a04623f3cbed6e57ea84ce.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2