Chapala.com Webboard

Chinese vaccines do not control Omicron

geeser

56 minutes ago, RickS said:

How many thousands actually never get reported but actually HAVE the virus? Double/Triple these numbers?

Almost every Mexican I know tells me they had Covid, but none of them went to get tested, so yes, you could probably more than triple the reported numbers.

There are way more people who have or had covid that is not reported that people who are reported, that is for sure.. Since very few get tested... who knows how many are asymptomatic and are contagious.  Two days ago a friend had to be taken to the hospital for a c section and when she got there , they tested her and she is positive.. She almost died from the c section so who knows if covid made it worse.. she kept passing out ,, could have been the medecine they gave her ot the covid or a combination but she was in a very serious condition for  the last 2 days.. It looks like she will make it.. they are sending her back home 2 days after c section, blood transfusion and hysterectomy... viva Mexico , pretty scary.

Oh I definitely agree that the official stats for Covid are lowball. But, the article was about deaths in general and they've been keeping track for quite a while. Death of any kind is usually reported with few exceptions. So, the number of deaths (whether from Covid or otherwise) has exponentially increased in waves... those waves tend to coincide with the various mutations of Covid. Excess deaths, that are way above the norm for this country.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RickS said:

Only problem is.... how accurate is the data?  How many thousands actually never get reported but actually HAVE the virus? Double/Triple these numbers?

Of course the same is true everywhere. There has to be a magnitude of under-reporting worldwide. 

I wish you were correct but it looks like over reporting can also be the case in some places.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/brampton-mayor-speaks-out-on-ontarios-misleading-covid-hospital-data

https://www.newsweek.com/fauci-children-hospital-covid-omicron-1664676

8 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Other vaccines actually work to prevent one from getting and spreading the disease.  This one does not.  The latest claim is it makes the disease less severe.  It used to be claimed it actually worked and you could ditch the face diapers and get back to living normally. 

What will the next claim be?

We both get annual flu shots and periodic pneumonia shots.  They work, we haven't gotten either for a decade or more.  None of them require such frequent jabbing.  Each time one is jabbed the potential for serious side effects is there.

A vaccine that doesn't last 6 months and doesn't stop one getting and passing around a disease is not much of a vaccine, particularly when it is also one that exceeds all other previous vaccines in levels of side effects and those just keep piling up as there is more and more investigation of same.

Now we are finding that many of the hospitalizations are WITH covid, not because of it.  We are finding the deaths are accompanied by multiple co morbidities.  We are finding that indeed there are treatment options.  These have been used with great success in my own family and in others I know.

I see now in the reports even in the covid pushing MSM that there is a growing expectation this Omicron spike will be short lived and very seasonal like colds and flu.  If true, this group may have to look for something else to obsess on.

I suggest pot holes.  They are far more enduring here Lakeside.  :D 

37 minutes ago, southernguy said:

Fully vaccinated surpass non vaxed in hospitals Australia.

https://aci.health.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/critical-intelligence-unit/monitor

Your info is misleading, check the details:    Fully (double) vaxxed are 92% of the population, so there are 10x as many people fully vaxxed, as unvaxxed there.     So on a proportional basis, unvaccinated are 5x more likely to be in hospital, as vaccinated.    

Now, look at ICU stats:     50/50 even though unvaxxed are less than 10% of total population.   

SO:    10x more likely to be in ICU if unvaxxed, as if one is vaxxed.    

Great data, though, fully proves one is much safer, and a better citizen, if vaxxed.   So thanks for that. 

image.thumb.png.64d072beedcb511bded5717026cdb6a1.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

37 minutes ago, southernguy said:

Love how you anti-vaxers take things totally out of context in order to twist the narrative.

92.5% of the eligible Australian population (those over 12 years of age) are double vaxed. So obviously when almost the entire population is vaccinated, cases are going to be mostly among the vaxed. Duh. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ferret said:

So heartbreaking and SO avoidable. If only...

4 hours ago, southernguy said:

"ICU rate among unvaccinated / double vaccinated population (aged 12+) 133.1 / 10.5
COVID-19 vaccination, as at 9 Jan
Percentage of eligible population (aged 12+) double vaccinated 92.5%
Percentage of total population double vaccinated 78.3%

COVID-19 patients in hospital, as at 9 Jan 2,030 (+826)
Percentage who were unvaccinated 28.8%
Percentage who were double vaccinated 68.9%
COVID-19 patients in intensive care units (ICUs), as at 9 Jan 159 (+64)
Percentage who were unvaccinated 49.1%
Percentage who were double vaccinated 50.3%

Percentage of total occupied ICU beds with COVID-19 patients 33.0% (+13.1%)

With 92.5 percent of their citizens vaccinated we are going to assume your post is ...? Australia is trying to irradicate Covid in their country, not preserve it like in some countries. ICU Covid patients' statistics prove vaccines keep people out of the ICU. Only 1.2 percent less unvaccinated in their ICUs is impressive in this case. When will the anti-va(x)xers learn to read and understand statistical and medical reports and then use rational thought to go get vaccinated and help, not hinder, their perspective countries' citizens? (when in an ICU infected with Covid?)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, virgo lady said:

You better not post your (un) funny stuff in the "they can go fishing" thread or Mod 2 will delete it / you.     Watch out everyone!    OMG.

Not likely since they are one and the same person....

Being almost a hypochondriac, I've had three shots, two Pfizers and I chose Moderna for my booster shot, which I got on the 30th of December. I had to come up North for these shots. These shots were scheduled by appointment at for example your local Bartels Drugstore, Doctor's office, clinic or Hospital, etc.

If someone were trying to make a valid argument it would be helpful if they did not post videos from nazi disinformation sites:

Wikipedia:

As of April 2021, Odysee hosted 10 million videos, the most-viewed of which was a video falsely challenging the safety of COVID-19 vaccines.[15] A May 2021 report by The Guardian found "scores of extremist videos" on the Odysee platform that promoted antisemitic conspiracy theories, glorified Adolf Hitler and other Nazis, shared COVID-19 misinformation, and depicted meetings and rallies by extremist groups including the white nationalist and antisemitic National Justice party and the neo-Nazi Nordic Resistance Movement.[16]

• Thanks 4

Thanks econ man. I'm out of reactions again. Ni modo. You can take them ALL away and I will still take up bandwith by thanking those who take the time to uncover B.S. That video absolutely shocked me to my core. Never seen the like in my life and to think that people actually believed the content.