Chapala.com Webboard

Emissions test

HoneyBee

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2021 at 8:43 AM, Floradude said:

Please let us know you experience in Ocotlan.  For example, did you have to pre-register, etc..

Well I finally went today to Ocotlan for my emission test. I first registered and paid online. Your appointment can be no earlier then 7 days from the time you make it and pay the fee (500.00 Pesos). They the send your appointment and payment confirmation to your email. Beware, this is much more then an emission test. Your appointment confirmation list all the requirements. Motor fluids all have to be to the correct level, tires have to be in good condition and to the right pressure and the cooling system hoses have to be in good condition. They checked my car under the hood and then under the engine, they plug a diagnostic device to ensure all sensor where in working order and they rocked my car to make sure the suspension system was okay. Then and only then do they move your car ahead for the emission test. During this time you have to go to the waiting room. This took about 40 minutes. But then they had a glitch with the device which prints out you sticker, that took another 45 minutes. Almost forgot that they ask that your car is clean (I had about 1 cubic meter of golden retriever hair inside, I explained that they where magical fibers of joy and love😊). Good luck if you have an old car.

• Thanks 1

I have a 1882 Ford F150 pickup. Runs great and the cops and robbers don't look twice...they think that I am a poor Mexican farmer since I also never wash it!!! Pretty sure it will not be able to pass thier stupid government money grubbing tests. What will be my fine since I think it will be my way to go???

42 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

I have a 1882 Ford F150 pickup. Runs great and the cops and robbers don't look twice...they think that I am a poor Mexican farmer since I also never wash it!!! Pretty sure it will not be able to pass thier stupid government money grubbing tests. What will be my fine since I think it will be my way to go???

Is your 1882 Ford for sale (I assume it would have all the goodies like 4 strong well fed horses 😊).

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

Is your 1882 Ford for sale (I assume it would have all the goodies like 4 strong well fed horses 😊).

Actually 1982 and no, not for sale...my mechanic, Armando tells me that it has 40 more years, the same that he says I have...so we will both go out together!!!

2 hours ago, ibarra said:

Fee for test 500 pesos.  Fine starting in July, I think, 550 pesos.   

Maybe 50% discount on fine if paid early? I think I will take my chances. I do not drive much anyway and have a golf cart to get around town here in lower SAT. I just love to give the finger to corrupt government blackmail and intimidation to extort my money!!! With all the antipollution devises required in new vehicles for over 20+ years now, it will not take many more years to clear all the older ones off the road...so why set up all of these extortion centers anyway??? To make money!!! My truck windows are covered with all those old registration window stickers and so how will they know I do not have this bogus one anyway? I will keep my wonderful 40 year old Ford F100 pickup as long as she is still rollin' and I am still kickin'!!! I am anonymous here, right??? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gringohombre said:

https://theguadalajarareporter.net/index.php/news/news/regional/57684-fines-for-emissions-test-incompliance-put-on-hold?fbclid=IwAR2DTWHbWDD9ps1vnvF8vABu2Vy0krqJA-vsuawCrqi4fBM1zDWSuSE5oJA

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomgates said:

Just stop in and talk to Carlos.

I plan on doing that Tuesday as Monday is a legal holiday.  We have used them for many years but did not realize they would help with this issue.   I know all of the details about having S&S Auto help, but would like to see what Carlos offers, since he knows our cars well.

On 2/4/2022 at 6:33 PM, HoneyBee said:

Yes but you could get multiple fines. 

It sounds like a ripoff to do it now. Wait a few months and see what happens. My vehicle is almost new and is serviced regularly so it should eaily pass.

• Like 1