Chapala.com Webboard

The Booster Vaccine for us old ones.

Floradude

What happened to the booster for us senior types in Chapala?  Jocotepec managed an amazing program (from what I read) quickly, but nothing from Chapala.

The new variant is taking over the world.  Yesterday, I heard one infectious disease "expert" in the US saying that every person in the USA would get the new variant. I assume Mexico will not be spared.  For many of us seniors here in the Chapala municipality who received the Sinovac for our first two doses it would be nice to have a little more help from an AstraZeneca vaccine. A third shot would be better but I will take the booster.

• Like 1

Especially important given these reports.  fyi, I read on FB that the Joco booster shots ran out and it closed 1 day early.  Haven't verified.  The AZ shots were donated by US and won't cover all 60+ year olds in MEX. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/15/world/asia/omicron-hong-kong-study.html

On 12/24/2021 at 1:51 PM, Bisbee Gal said:

I read on FB that the Joco booster shots ran out and it closed 1 day early.  Haven't verified. 

Actually the Joco booster shots ran 2 extra days; originally scheduled for Dec 9, 10, 11 & 13 but ran Dec 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16.
Ixtlahuacan ran a booster clinic Dec 9, 10, 13, 14, 15

Gov't did state that there would be a break in giving boosters during Christmas & New Years so I would expect that Chapala will be on the list early in the New Year.

The Jalisco ruta-de-la-vacunacion site has not been posting booster dates so you would be best advised to check the Gobierno de Chapala FB page as that is where Joco & Ixtlahuacan clinics were posted.

• Thanks 1

Pray that Cansino is NOT what they give us for a booster.  It is not recognized by the World Health Organization as one of their "accepted" vaccines.   However, Sinovac and AstraZeneca are recognized by WHO.

Receiving Cansino would be a big problem for non-US citizens to  enter the US under current guidelines.    

On 12/24/2021 at 1:51 PM, Bisbee Gal said:

Especially important given these reports.  fyi, I read on FB that the Joco booster shots ran out and it closed 1 day early.  Haven't verified.  The AZ shots were donated by US and won't cover all 60+ year olds in MEX. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/15/world/asia/omicron-hong-kong-study.html

I and a few others missed the boosters at El Chante. 

For those who are interested there is a post on TOB that there will be vaccines for the over 60 from the 4th to the 7th   from 9 to 3 in park cristiana in Chapala.

bring

INE or valid ID  and copy

copy of CURP

copy of the  form to be filled out

proof of shot 1 and 2

it will be Astreca Zeneca

I have not seen confirmation of this on the Federal site ..yat

Could you send me the link for this announcement, since we are hearing that there will be additional days for boosters from the 4th -7th In Jocotepec, NOT IN Chapala?

Would appreciate some clarification.    I think this is erroneous information.   

I cannot give you information more than It was a letter from Bienestar.. Check the Insidelakeside under Bisbee. 

I have tried  to check the information on the federal and state site and I cannot confirm so far. There is nothing on these 2 sites confirming what was posted. The letter says it will be in the park in Chapala... 

Something may be off, I do notknow.

I have doctors appointments tomorrow morning so I will go by in the afternoon to see what is happening.. I do not know more than that.

Sorry about that.  Just saw it confirmed on Govt of Chapala  website that boosters are in fact ON for Christiana Park starting tomorrow through Friday.

Could be a bit of confusion that they announced boosters for both Joco and Chapala on the same dates.

THANK YOU !

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2022 at 8:06 PM, mexijims1 said:

Sorry about that.  Just saw it confirmed on Govt of Chapala  website that boosters are in fact ON for Christiana Park starting tomorrow through Friday.

Could be a bit of confusion that they announced boosters for both Joco and Chapala on the same dates.

THANK YOU !

I got your -BOOSTA---HA

On 1/3/2022 at 8:06 PM, mexijims1 said:

THANK YOU !

yes-- THANK YOU !