Chapala.com Webboard

Migrants returning for the holidays getting the big shakedown

Mainecoons

On 12/20/2021 at 11:42 AM, Mainecoons said:

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/migrant-heroes-bribes-extortion/

Notice how much they refer to the Laredo crossing.  I've observed for years this route is the most vulnerable to crime and cop shakedowns.  

So sad...it looks like the mordido is getting much worse, and under a President who used anti- corruption to get elected!!!

I see that you link articles from The Mexico News Daily here often that are quite interesting and informative. Do you have an online subscription, and if so, how much and do you have a link to sign up? Gracias.

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

So sad...it looks like the mordido is getting much worse, and under a President who used anti- corruption to get elected!!!

I see that you link articles from The Mexico News Daily here often that are quite interesting and informative. Do you have an online subscription, and if so, how much and do you have a link to sign up? Gracias.

Yes, just go to their site and you can subscribe with a credit card.  $35 per year if I recall.

4 hours ago, ibarra said:

used all of my "5 articles per month" yesterday.  I just checked and I have the message again that I have 5 for the month.  This is proof to me that the message is a daily message, not a monthly message.

Not the way it's working for me. My count goes down every time I read an article and doesn't update (mine says 6 free, not 5)for a month.

On 12/21/2021 at 5:00 PM, ibarra said:

No need to subscribe to read most articles. https://mexiconewsdaily.com/

No need to subscribe to read any articles. Read all you want. Disable Javascript for the site. 

Or, you can delete the site cookies when you reach the limit.

These are general tips. They work on lots of sites, but not all.

mnd.jpg

• Thanks 1