Chapala.com Webboard

Travel insurance

fishcake

Good luck.. a friend of mine is thereright now stuck in Belgium because he was positive when he intended to board a bus to Paris.. he had to change all hiz tckets  and does not really know when he can get out.. He is younger and was totally vaccinated with Pfizer. Mymother turns 100 in May and I have no idea if I will go because I really do not want to get stuck there even though I have family where I can stay

Also make sure you can change your plans and ticket

3 hours ago, bmh said:

Good luck.. a friend of mine is thereright now stuck in Belgium because he was positive when he intended to board a bus to Paris.. he had to change all hiz tckets  and does not really know when he can get out.. He is younger and was totally vaccinated with Pfizer. Mymother turns 100 in May and I have no idea if I will go because I really do not want to get stuck there even though I have family where I can stay

Also make sure you can change your plans and ticket

Congrats to your mother--go on your trip--your mother will still be here---HA

Fishcake if it does not get better skip Europe it is getting crazy over there.. .. My friend is still trying to get out but now he has to reschedule again and each time it is 50 euro for this test and 50 euro for that one although his ticket is free and can be changed. and stay in this place or other because of the changes of itenary.. I am learning from his experience and if covid craze is not over in the spring, I am not going.. It is just too crazy and I speak the language and have family where I can stay. 

9 minutes ago, tomgates said:

insuremytrip.com

And Rick, France has not announced any measures. Germany has banned entrants from the UK (today's WSJ).

France banned most UK travelers effective midnight Saturday.  https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20211216-france-bans-most-uk-travel-as-omicron-fears-mount

Starting at midnight on Saturday, travellers will need "an essential reason to travel to, or come from, the UK, both for the unvaccinated and vaccinated... People cannot travel for touristic or professional reasons", the French government said in a statement.

18 hours ago, tomgates said:

insuremytrip.com

And Rick, France has not announced any measures. Germany has banned entrants from the UK (today's WSJ).

You are not really up to date.France on the 18 say they eould ban uk tourist and business people an Germany followed

Holland shut down irs border and it goes on snd on. i just spent 2 days helping a friend change his ticket.  He was due to take a bus from.Belgium  to Paris and  fly Paris  Frankfurt Mexico 

When he took the test the day before leaving he was posiyivewith no symptom.He has 2 vacvines from pfizer .  the US  organization who paid for the trip rebooked him leaving Paris  10 days later. I TD HIM.IT WOULD NOT WORK..BUT IT WAS DONE.. He was told in Belgium. To come back later for the test  so he decided to change the ticket fro. The 20th for the 28.. As the change was not coming through from.the US he adked me to help . HE DKES NOT DPEAKING ANY.LANGUAGE BUT spanish.. I tried to change the ticket on tje internet all day sunday but could not.. he keep in mind his flight was on tuesday and he had to leave Belgium..on monday.. Monday  I called Lufthansa in CDMX and they told me that Latin American ticket could not be changed by internet.. They also told me he had to rebook 14 days after covid..not 10 and that he needef a certificate of immunity..because he had covid.

I ASKED WHERE TO GET THE CRRTIFICATE AND THEY TOLD ME THEY DID NOT KNOW but to have him call Spain so he could speak Spanihe had to.pay 3000 pesos for the change although he haf a flexible ticjet

Now he needs to figure out the immunity certificate.

EUROPE IS NOT THE US 

, Each country has its rules and right now they change on a daily basis.. Travelling now in Europe is insane. 

after this experience I will nof go to Europe until this mess is over.

Don't travel if you don't absolutely need to. This virus is not quitting. Just heard from a friend that one of her best friends in the US just died on a ventilator in the ICU. 40 years old, fully vaccinated, healthy. Sought medical care as soon as she felt ill. Left two young children she never got to see again from the time she went in the hospital until she died. 

Wear your masks, folks. Stay close to home.

So as I read it you are not covered for staying a 14 or more days extra when the gocernment shuts fown borders or  rules which is exactly what you neex now.

Are you covered  for all the tests that you have to take at 30  or 50 euros a pop when all of a sudden you show positive?

.I.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, fishcake said:

I am in France & their socialized medicine gives free medical to all residents AND visitors so insurance was not necessary .

Travel insurance covers more than medical, though. Depending on the policy, it covers all sorts of travel disruptions- cancelled flights, having to cancel an accommodation you booked for which you wouldn't be eligible for a refund, etc.

On 12/21/2021 at 12:40 AM, mudgirl said:

Don't travel if you don't absolutely need to. This virus is not quitting. Just heard from a friend that one of her best friends in the US just died on a ventilator in the ICU. 40 years old, fully vaccinated, healthy. Sought medical care as soon as she felt ill. Left two young children she never got to see again from the time she went in the hospital until she died. 

Wear your masks, folks. Stay close to home.

Key word--fully vaccinated  --Masks?--How about avoid the jab---Duuuuh---MUD !  The deaths are starting on a large scale--