Chapala.com Webboard

BETO'S BURGER vs. BREW HOUSE

Carnivore

No comparison.  Burger today at Brew House inedible...mushy...didn't taste like meat and simply fell apart.  Cold bun and after a couple of bites simply left it.  When the waiter inquired as to why I wasn't eating the burger,  I described the burger exactly as I've just written.  I showed him the uncooked patty which was crumbling apart.  The waiter, who spoke perfect English, made no offer to replace the burger.  We asked for our bill.  Paid the full amount and left and.......we'd not likely ever return.  Far too many times we've been disappointed.  Three weeks ago at Adelita's, I would suggest that the burger I ordered there, was one of the best I've had in our many years at Lakeside. Something is wrong at the Brew House!  Likely, lack of management and supervision.  Perhaps the kitchen staff are substituting their own burger concoctions and taking the real burger patties home!

We left and went for the first time to Betos.  Each of our burgers were excellent and....contained properly cooked meat...no mushy filler.  The fries could have been crispier but that small negative was more than offset by the attentive service to match the quality food.  Nice people, sincerely hope they make a go of it

• Like 2

The Brew House is possibly still owned by the people who own Adelita's. The quality of what is served at the Brew House is not, currently, the same as what's served at Adelita's.  It is located in the same building as the Brewery "Corazon de Malta". The Brewery is not involved in the restaurant but their beers, on tap, are available in the restaurant.  The Brew house has been for at least the last 5 or 6 years at the same location at the western end of Ajijic just a few metres south of the Carretera on Calle de Las Flores #25.  The service and food have been consistently "up - and - down" and unreliable.  Overall reason (read excuse) is a total lack of management and knowledgeable supervision.  As a result they have a well-earned reputation as serving"undercooked unidentifiable fish" and an inconsistent burger presentation.   It's not, in any way, what it could be if......they bothered to listen to dissatisfied clientele and, then, actually did something about it!  

¡Hola a todos nuevamente! 

Solo queremos agradecer infinitamente su ayuda y la confianza depositada, si en algo más podemos ayudar no duden en llamarnos.  
Muchas gracias 
Sonia y Alejandro 

• Like 2