Chapala.com Webboard

Want DVD player.

Eric Blair

One of the problems I've found in Mexico is that most of the DVD machines only play region 4 DVDs i.e. those made in Latin America. 

If you want to play DVDs from up north or burnt DVDs someone has given you, you need a machine that plays all regions.

Oddly enough, it's the cheapest DVD players here that do that. Mine cost 350 pesos at Commercial 13 years ago. It worked great and lasted for 10 years. I replaced it with a similar one which was a whopping 500 pesos 10 years later.

Don't ask the salesperson if it plays all regions. They will say yes. You have to look on the box or the back of the machine. It's a little earth symbol, with 4 or 1-4(which is what you want) on it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, mudgirl said:

SNIP.... Mine cost 350 pesos at Commercial 13 years ago. It worked great and lasted for 10 years. I replaced it with a similar one which was a whopping 500 pesos 10 years later.

I wish I  could remember what I paid for something last week!  13 years ago I wouldn't even remember buying something much less how much it cost. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RickS said:

I wish I  could remember what I paid for something last week!  13 years ago I wouldn't even remember buying something much less how much it cost. 

I only remember because I had first bought a much more expensive machine after the salesgirl had assured me it played all regions, and had to return it when I found it didn't.  Then when I saw the cheapo machine that actually did play all regions, I couldn't believe it was so cheap.

And I remember when I bought it because it was something I purchased soon after my house was built and I moved in. 

Normally I can't remember anything these days unless I write it down 😜