Chapala.com Webboard

Kids in primary back to virtual learning in January

HoneyBee

3 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

The educated actually know about these studies. He would have been more credible if he had provided the link so people could actually read the article without me having to hunt for it.

This is the link he alluded to:  Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee December 10, 2020 Meeting Briefing Document- Sponsor (fda.gov)

The study is well done and very detailed and compare vaccinated versus placebo (unvaccinated). If you don't understand what you are reading then please print it off and take it to your Doctor.

Yes, there can be adverse effects but, in comparison to the number of actual vaccinations taking place, they are a minority. 

And, there are other cases of death in young athletes which occurred long before Covid vaccines were available. Do try and put things in perspective. And, you've wasted enough of my time today, so I may get around to reading the links provided in your second posting some other time. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

What is killing these young and healthy athletes?

Well that is interesting since about a week ago I was reading an article about several US athletes caught with fake Covid vaccination cards. Guess they had concerns' about possible side effects. (sorry I do not have a link to this story).  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

What is killing these young and healthy athletes?

A New Theory on Sudden Cardiac Deaths in Young Athletes - Outside Online

If you do a google search for "sudden cardiac deaths in Young Athletes", you will find a lot of articles going back 20 or more years. The above link is the most recent. I could find nothing associating it with Covid vaccines. 

4 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Or conversely,  anybody who "assumes" that all of us only read the US media.

Yes, for some reason, the right wingers, maybe because they watch Fox, assume that liberals all get their news from CNN or MSNBC or something. Whereas I don't even have a TV and haven't watched TV in about 50 years.

4 hours ago, johanson said:

What I read was that Fox was far to the right and MSNBC far to the left. And that CNN although slightly to the left, is closer to the middle than the other two networks.

What are your opinions on this matter?

I think it is best to take all of them with a grain of salt. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/10/chris-cuomo-melissa-derosa-plotted-to-discredit-fox-news-janice-dean-sources.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2021 at 5:02 PM, mudgirl said:

Yes, for some reason, the right wingers, maybe because they watch Fox, assume that liberals all get their news from CNN or MSNBC or something. Whereas I don't even have a TV and haven't watched TV in about 50 years.

I never watch TV news,as I said before,I read it when so inclined but everyday for sure Canadian newspapers. I have no prejudices as to their leanings. I call my son in jest, commie pinko tree huger and we do have some interesting conversations.He inherited my passion which is a good thing.I admire his accomplishments and he admires mine.

I have seen the error of my ways! Thanks to the insightful DM that I received this morning (subject line was "sad emojis"), everything has become clear! No more logical arguments for me, trying to read both sides of an issue and even - GASP! - sometimes changing my viewpoint, no, from now on, I will wait to receive this type of argument  because it was so clear, so impersonal and such a great way to convince me that I've been wrong all along! 

Dear Ding-a-Ling,

Get a Life.

On a more serious note, I really thought about whether or not to post this. After I stopped laughing when I first read it, I realized that it puts everything I feel about this topic in a nutshell:  there is a group that is so self-righteous that they believe that if they're unable to convince  others of their viewpoint that it's perfectly acceptable to  be a bully. There is so much more I'd like to say, but it won't change a thing -- on either side. To those that contacted me via DM and have given support, thank you and I won't "out" you because no one should receive these types of messages.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1