Chapala.com Webboard

Kids in primary back to virtual learning in January

HoneyBee

24 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

The world's leading authorities are often bought or fired but las voces de la calle not so much.  

Well, I suggest that when you find yourself in some medical crisis, be it a heart attack, a brain aneurism, cancer, or whatever, that you go get advice and assistance from las voces de la calle. Whatever you do, don't go to a doctor or a hospital. 

And if you ever need surgery, make sure to tell the surgeon and the nurses that you don't want them to wear masks, because of course they do nothing to prevent infection. Doctors and nurses just wear them to show how superior they are and because they are ignorant of how disease and infection is spread.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Mudgirl do you always have to be such a drama queen?  Just because I seriously doubt the severity of this so called pandemic does not mean I don't believe in science or don't believe in modern medicine.  I also didn't believe Iraq had weapons of mass destruction but the media pushed that narrative for years just like they are currently pushing the 5 billion dead from Covid. Be a sheep and believe what the system is feeding you.  If it smells like mierda it probably is mierda.

• Sad 1

Ah, the "sheeple" insult. I could have predicted you'd fall back on that sooner or later. 

On what basis do you base your doubts about the seriousness of the pandemic- that you don't know anyone who has died of Covid in your small town and haven't talked to anyone else who does? What you read on Facebook? 

Mainstream media has no agenda but to sell their newspapers and get people to watch their television shows.

If you actually believe in science and modern medicine, you'd be reading the scientific and medical reports and stop listening to what people in the street with zero qualifiications have to say, or what you read in whatever anti-vax conspiracy sites you frequent or whatever television "news" shows you watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Mudgirl and Ferret love to reduce everybody that thinks independently as crazy conspiracy theorist followers.  I could never quite get on the Trump train just like I can't bring myself to get on the QAnon train either, they are way are too polarizing and crazy for my likes.  I have always been a life long democrat, but I know when something don't smell quite right.  The only thing I smell in this scenario is money lots of money is being made by Big Pharma.  If that is a conspiracy theory, oh well, I guess you got me.

Seriously you actually think that you rationally think? Ain't it just awful having BIG pharma around spending BIG bucks on research just to save a BIG bunch of lives for more than a century.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, timjwilson said:

It is possible there are more non-vaccinated taking up hospital space. At one point in Israel it was opposite. Stats are pretty rapid fire and biased of late. The scenario which bothers me is people thinking they are better than others because they are vaccinated. They can automatically tell that the non-vaccinated are 'usually' those non-mask wearing dirty-handed, stranger kissing types.

There is a new study claiming that mRNA vaccinations do limit the spread. I'll read it. My understanding of how the mRNA vaccines work is to limit illness, not infection. Many in Mexico received the Chinese vaccines which work differently, more like the polio vaccine. 

Here is one of the studies; https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.10.14.21264959v1.full.pdf 

12 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Virgo lady, seriously?  You are following the news aren't you?  You do know that it is extremely rare for school age children to get really sick with covid don't you?  Infected maybe but sick really sick very rare.   

Stone age name, stone age thinking / mindset too.     Kids get sick, kids die, both of Covid.   Does it matter the %, if it happens and is preventable?     Sad on you.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Here's a picture taken outside of the stadium after the big Atlas FC win.  Look at all the face diapers being worn--not!

Where's the resulting epidemic?

Atlas.jpg

There are a few smart and caring for there fellow humans, waldos, in that crowd and a vast majority of total goofball brainless twits. Caring people wear face diapers to keep from pzzing and shting on others.

The key mentions in it:

PHAC data demonstrate just how effective the COVID-19 shots have been at keeping people out of the hospital. Unvaccinated people between the ages of 12 and 59 were 32 times more likely to be hospitalized for the virus than those who have had two doses.

Unvaccinated people over the age of 60 are 16 times more likely to end up in the hospital than the fully vaccinated. That's a positive sign, since older adults are more likely to produce a less robust response to vaccinations.

Modelling suggests hospital capacity can be kept at manageable levels if booster shots are widely available and Canadian kids get their shots. If the booster shot campaign or the rollout of vaccinations for kids 5 to 11 slows down, it's likely the nation's hospitals will be overrun in the new year, PHAC said.

• Thanks 1

The Public Health Agency of Canada, VirgoLady? The deniers have already made it clear that govt. organizations are all lying to us, promoting some giant conspiracy. 

You should really stop reading and believing anything other than what people on the street and anti-vax, antimask websites have to say. 😜

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Here's a picture taken outside of the stadium after the big Atlas FC win.  Look at all the face diapers being worn--not!

Where's the resulting epidemic?

Atlas.jpg

Apparently you personally know all the people in that crowd and are well-aware that none of them contracted Covid at that event?

What's your point? That there's thousands of people just as ignorant and uncaring of others as you are?

• Haha 3

There sure are a lot of poorly educated folks who seem to make up the bulk of the anti-vax crowd. They certainly don't seem to understand "contagion", and obviously missed the biology classes on the definition of a virus, and how they mutate, etc. So, they continue to wallow in their ignorance, rather than accept new information. I guess they find it too hard to understand, as it can be a bit complicated. If that is the case, they really should try to learn more about the technical details, so that they might not appear to be so uninformed. It is sad, as well as frightening, that they fail to care that they may well be the cause of more contagion and additional deaths. That is the very reason that some vaccines have become mandatory before one can attend school.  Now, it may become necessary for more mandates if folks aren't smart enough to look after themselves and to care about others.

• Thanks 4

I think the poorly educated ones might be the folks who just suck up what they see on CNN and the other MSM and the much discredited CDC and don't bother to really research this topic such as by noting how much money big vax pharma is spending on said MSM.  I think the poorly educated might be the ones who aren't following the far more detailed reporting on this topic done by the media outside of the the U.S.

If the shoe fits...

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/09/us/hospital-covid-19-deaths-michigan/index.html?fbclid=IwAR3uGJnbucU4E9UPAt9h4Av1AFhNqME3-DgGNvhf1IMA8xj7vChaCmsms3M

Quite obvious that there are a LOT of misinformed people. I believe in the science and the scientific papers with back up documentation. If there's no back up, the information is not worth reading. Opinions are worth nothing. BACK IT UP WITH FACTS.

51 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

I think the poorly educated ones might be the folks who just suck up what they see on CNN and the other MSM and the much discredited CDC and don't bother to really research this topic such as by noting how much money big vax pharma is spending on said MSM.  I think the poorly educated might be the ones who aren't following the far more detailed reporting on this topic done by the media outside of the the U.S.

If the shoe fits...

When it comes to matters like this my CV makes your experience useless to even give an "uneducated" opinion. What do you suck up to,to be so far out to lunch that you'll eventually starve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

If the shoe fits...

Your comments are disgraceful, especially for an educated person who is otherwise respected on this board.   STOP IT.

Covid-19 patients at this hospital are dying 'at a rate we've never seen die before' -- and it's taking a toll on health care workers - CNN

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, virgo lady said:

Stone age name, stone age thinking / mindset too.     Kids get sick, kids die, both of Covid.   Does it matter the %, if it happens and is preventable?     Sad on you.

Virgo lady if you can't tell, nothing about this pandemic has been preventable.  And with all the health safety protocols have done absolutely nothing to stop it as it continues to surge and mutate.  And every year thousands of children also die from the common flu.  Is that preventable?  As long as people have the need to leave their homes to work or shop or what ever.  They will be at some risk of contagion.  I guess since the common flu also kills thousands your idea would be to wear face masks and socially distance ourselves for the rest of our lives.  I don't think people are going to stand for this staus quo much longer.  I am on the streets daily and I already see the majority of people out and about without facemasks.  This virus is going to do what its gotta do regardless of what mankind wants.  Its going to run its course.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

Virgo lady if you can't tell, nothing about this pandemic has been preventable.  And with all the health safety protocols have done absolutely nothing to stop it as it continues to surge and mutate.  And every year thousands of children also die from the common flu.  Is that preventable?  As long as people have the need to leave their homes to work or shop or what ever.  They will be at some risk of contagion.  I guess since the common flu also kills thousands your idea would be to wear face masks and socially distance ourselves for the rest of our lives.  I don't think people are going to stand for this staus quo much longer.  I am on the streets daily and I already see the majority of people out and about without facemasks.  This virus is going to do what its gotta do regardless of what mankind wants.  Its going to run its course.

What I find sad is that when opposing folks give an opinion, we are "uneducated," "in denial," or some other patronizing word because we're not falling in with the party line. Somehow, that makes us yokels who've never seen running water, soap, or any other cleanliness product.  I previously mentioned my sister's vaxxed BIL dying in hospital and reported as the virus -- what they failed to mention was that he was obese, diabetic and 79. The man was already one step in the grave before he passed. It could have easily been the flu or anything else that got him but it was the latest bug. There are many just like him that are reported as the bug when 1 of who-knows-how-many other factors would have done it nearly as soon as the bug. It was just a race of what got there first. Scream your lungs out all you will, the "facts" can be tweaked. As for me, I will continue to take off the mask whenever I'm outside and have a chance to breathe fresh air. I will continue to follow the rules because I am a guest in this country. I will do nothing more than what I am required to do. I a neither anti-vaxxer or a denier; I am an adult with free will and find the condescending posts of other to be just mind boggling. Do what you need to do to keep you and yours safe but don't you dare try to tell me that you know best for me. You don't. 

• Like 2