Chapala.com Webboard

BONE DENSITY TEST - WHERE TO GET?

ezpz

1 hour ago, ezpz said:

My doctor recommended that I have this done, and he directed me to the Ribera Medical Center but they do not do this test.  A google search turned up no recent info.  I remember when this was occasionally done in a mobile bus but that was years ago.  Gracias!

Yes there is a mobile unit, not sure who operates it.  I last saw it set up near the Ajijic Plaza about a year ago.  Years ago I saw it at parking lot at Farmacia Guadalajara.  

12 minutes ago, sm1mex said:

Mobile units ?????Maybe not. 

Yes, mobile units.  I can remember seeing them as long ago as 2009; here's a thread from the OB from very early 2015 when it was outside the Farmacia Guadalajara in Ajijic.  They did both mammos and density tests for 850p total, both tests. 

https://www.insidelakeside.com/t13397-mamogram-bone-density-mobile-unit?highlight=bone+density#152430

4 hours ago, sm1mex said:

Mobile units ?????Maybe not. 

Had one done around 2010 or 11 by that mobile unit when it was parked by Farmacia Guad in Ajijic.  Doctors were very pleased with quality of the job. Me? not so much.... borderline osteoporosis. LOL LOL

• Thanks 1