Chapala.com Webboard

Mexican airlines rated among the worst

Mainecoons

I flew Aero Mexico once !  Pilot missed landing on the runway in MX City three times.  Headed to Acapulco for refueling and got back to MX City to miss my connection to San Antonio.  Last time flying with them.

Then have had so-so experiences with Volaris.   They call to cancel your flight about 50% of the time.  Then when you do get to go, they charge an arm and a leg for luggage. And, those luggage options usually are not logical.  After their add-ons, you usually do not save money by flying them.

I loved reading a review of TAR Airlines.  The guy said "he would rather walk to PV than fly on TAR there." 

Mainecoons is absolutely right  -- before 9/11 flying used to be almost enjoyable.  Now it is normally a nightmare and no longer look forward to it. 

• Like 1

I fly Volaris a lot and I have no complain. I fly with no luggage so the price of luggage is irrelevant to me. I also fly only direct flight.. another plus.. I the last 5 years I have had one flight cancel. SO cancelled flights have not been my problems either. I only fly them natioally.. do ot know about international flights as they do not go where I want to go.

On 3/21/2022 at 1:24 PM, bmh said:

I fly Volaris a lot and I have no complain. I fly with no luggage so the price of luggage is irrelevant to me. I also fly only direct flight.. another plus.. I the last 5 years I have had one flight cancel. SO cancelled flights have not been my problems either. I only fly them natioally.. do ot know about international flights as they do not go where I want to go.

I flew on Volaris a couple of years ago and I had to walk through the galley to get to my seat--the galley had a rotten food smell and I started to cough --the male attendant  jumped all over that--Now he thinks he's a doctor--HA--he comes up to me and asks if I got the covid-- I said "NO"--I reply that your galley stinks--He's says no it doesn't--"I says yes it does"--I again reply " you going to throw me off the plane" ? He then slitters away--HA---people can go nuts over the least little thing---HA

I did not say I ever ate on Volaris.. My fights are frequent 2h flights and I do not remove my mask to eat or drink so I have zero problems. If you want to fly cheap you cannot complain about everything. Buy a first class on a regular airline and hopefully you will be happy. >FOr me.. I pay around 1000 pesos for a 2 hour flight, try that on regular airlines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For all of you travelers without experience   You get what you pay for. If you want cheap you will have  for minimum amenities. Buy a business class or first class ticket and you will get the best service.  Also you can have private jets with many companies.  You get what you pay for   period!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2022 at 9:13 PM, Mostlylost said:

For all of you travelers without experience   You get what you pay for. If you want cheap you will have  for minimum amenities. Buy a business class or first class ticket and you will get the best service.  Also you can have private jets with many companies.  You get what you pay for   period!!!

Or now rent the Mexico last president's luxury jet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1