Chapala.com Webboard

Vaccinated In The US

TelsZ4

AFAIK getting a QR code for a US vax is dependent on where you got the shots.  Some cities, states, agencies provided QR codes (some after the fact), most did not.  

Neither the local FL health department where I got 2 shots, nor the AZ Walgreens where I got my booster have provided QR codes.  I haven't needed to show card yet for travell yet, but have loaded pics of them on my phone.  

In looking at requirements for US citizens going to EU, the countries understand the lack of QR codes in US and have alternate means to upload your card, etc.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sm1mex said:

United did not ask for a QR Code. Only negative antigen test and boarding pass on our phone. We went to Houston for our Pfizer booster. Took our Mx gov certificate of our first  2 jabs to show at booster site. 

That isn't what the OP is asking about. He wants to know how to get proof of vaccine that he will get or has gotten in the US. He's not asking what he needs for boarding a plane.

• Thanks 1

My Canadian friend was vaccinated while he spent the winter in California. After he returned to Canada he tried to register his vaccinations on the California registry and was refused due to being in Canada. For California, anyway, they care about where you are domiciled and not where you were when vaccinated. I would think that you might work around that problem with a VPN.

Does My State Have A Vaccine App?

21 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

Has anyone one who lives in Mexico and went to the US for the vaccine know how to get a QR code as  proof of vaccination ?

I have been wondering the same thing. I am a Canadian living in Mexico. I went to Texas and got the J & J vaccine. They did not put a QR code on the J & J paper record like they did in Mexico for the Sinovac vaccination. I would like to have all my vaccination records in one location. I hope to get a Moderna vaccination  soon. Will they have a QR code if I get Mocerna in the US or Canada? Or do you just show the paper records to the airlines and immigrtion authorities.

1 hour ago, cedros said:

I have been wondering the same thing. I am a Canadian living in Mexico. I went to Texas and got the J & J vaccine. They did not put a QR code on the J & J paper record like they did in Mexico for the Sinovac vaccination. I would like to have all my vaccination records in one location. I hope to get a Moderna vaccination  soon. Will they have a QR code if I get Mocerna in the US or Canada? Or do you just show the paper records to the airlines and immigrtion authorities.

Just did this yesterday for our guests who are returning to the US on two different airlines: Volaris (https://forms.monday.com/forms/1afcd1cf561eadfd5514aaba36277168) and American Airlines (veriFLY app). Although the specifics for both airlines are different, the processes and information are the same. You upload your Covid vaccine information from your records (first and second dose; there is a space for booster, if you have)  as well as the information from your recent Covid negative test result. If your test result doesn't have a QR code to upload, following that option is a manual upload choice where you can take a picture of both of those documents and upload to your electronic record. (So, you input your data then you upload images of the official documents that verify what you just stated.) Both then have you complete the CDC attestation and you can do the Mexican form either online or on paper. Completing all the documentation prior to airport arrival significantly expedites your travel through check-in and boarding processes.

The US federal government does not have a national registry. The official federal proof of vaccination is the handwritten card given at the time you receive your vac. If you open a Walmart pharmacy account and receive your vac there you can download your record from them. 

Otherwise your card is the proof as it is for over 200 million people vaccinated in the US. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jrod said:

Just did this yesterday for our guests who are returning to the US on two different airlines: Volaris (https://forms.monday.com/forms/1afcd1cf561eadfd5514aaba36277168) and American Airlines (veriFLY app). Although the specifics for both airlines are different, the processes and information are the same. You upload your Covid vaccine information from your records (first and second dose; there is a space for booster, if you have)  as well as the information from your recent Covid negative test result. If your test result doesn't have a QR code to upload, following that option is a manual upload choice where you can take a picture of both of those documents and upload to your electronic record. (So, you input your data then you upload images of the official documents that verify what you just stated.) Both then have you complete the CDC attestation and you can do the Mexican form either online or on paper. Completing all the documentation prior to airport arrival significantly expedites your travel through check-in and boarding processes.

Why not just show the paper copy of all your vaccines? As there are no standards for QR codes?

4 hours ago, cedros said:

Why not just show the paper copy of all your vaccines? As there are no standards for QR codes?

The airline ticket counters have expedited check-in lines that now include those who have been pre-cleared to fly by uploading their docs: vaccine records, negative test, CDC attestation. You can speed up your wait at the counter (and avoid close contact with unknown people and their non-traveling companions) by completing these processes ahead of the agent, who has to enter it on your behalf. If you have no checked baggage, you can also avoid the check-in gate by being pre-cleared and having your boarding pass on your phone.

Around noon today: with VeriFLY completed for American Airlines; the wait was about 2 minutes; the other line snaked around the ticket area. On Volaris, the general line was out to the hallway; the uploaded, "ready to travel" line had 3 groups ahead of ours.

We saved a lot of time and aggravation by having our guests' docs uploaded and ready to fly prior to ticket counter check-in.

25 minutes ago, jrod said:

The airline ticket counters have expedited check-in lines that now include those who have been pre-cleared to fly by uploading their docs: vaccine records, negative test, CDC attestation. You can speed up your wait at the counter (and avoid close contact with unknown people and their non-traveling companions by completing these processes ahead of the agent, who has to enter it on your behalf. If you have no checked baggage, you can also avoid the check-in gate by being pre-cleared and having your boarding pass on your phone.

I usually fly business class which has expedited check-in lines. I don't fly Volaris usually or American Airlines. I fly Aeromexico-I will check to see if they have preclearing.

4 minutes ago, RickS said:

Could you explain this statement?

Some vaccination places do not issue a QR code and there are many different QR codes. 

3 hours ago, cedros said:

That is exactly what I want to know…  it’s not about boarding a plane.. If you get your proof of vaccination in Jalisco you get a QR code…

I am Canadian, I also went toTexas for the J&J shot….

1 hour ago, RickS said:

QR codes may be used for different things, BUT the QR code itself is defined by a STANDARD. Folks don't just get to 'create' their own QR standard. 

Maybe it is more accurate to say there are many differentr QR code Generators.

A QR code is a type of matrix barcode (or two-dimensional barcode) invented in 1994 by the ... There are a great many QR code generators available as software or as ...

How many "unique" QR Codes can be created ?

The number is same as the sum of the scales of the number of zebras that ever lived on earth.

in short
The number is practically infinite....

However if you still want to do the calculations here are some facts

the capacity of QR codes is said to be 2953 bytes
If we do the math

2953 bytes
= 23648 bits.

each bit can be either zero or one...hence 2^23648 possibilities...which comes out to be 5.719*10^7118

also note that currently the density of info encoded depends on density of substance it is printed on . As this density increases , we would be able to store more data and thus shoot the number of unique QR codes that can be generated into infinity.

look what the generators have to say ...

4 hours ago, RickS said:

QR codes may be used for different things, BUT the QR code itself is defined by a STANDARD. Folks don't just get to 'create' their own QR standard. 

Sure they do, you can create a QR code to link to any page on internet or to documents, pictures, etc.   Now, if you mean to display their proof of vax, well you can, sorta.  I created a QR code to link to a photo of my FL vaccine card.  I also created a QR code to link to my FL "proof" of vaccine medical record.  On the later, because the site is password protected, it goes to the log-in page.   I enter my p/w and then my VVR (verification of vaccine record) appears.  

QR Code generator appears on the upper right in Chrome, just above the bookmark bar, at least it does on my PC.  I don't recall putting it there, noticed it a few months ago.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TelsZ4 said:

That is exactly what I want to know…  it’s not about boarding a plane.. If you get your proof of vaccination in Jalisco you get a QR code…

I am Canadian, I also went toTexas for the J&J shot….

Provinces can be sent a picture or scan of the paper copy from out of Province or out of Canada. Once you are registered, you can then get the Federal proof of vaccination QR code from them.  At least that is this weeks requirements,.... so far. 

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-covid-19-proof-vaccination/get-proof.html

5 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

The US federal government does not have a national registry. The official federal proof of vaccination is the handwritten card given at the time you receive your vac. If you open a Walmart pharmacy account and receive your vac there you can download your record from them. 

Otherwise your card is the proof as it is for over 200 million people vaccinated in the US. 

And, if you have lost that card?

5 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Sure they do, you can create a QR code to link to any page on internet or to documents, pictures, etc.  

SNIP

No they don't.  Look back at my Post. I said one cannot create their own standard, not that one cannot create a QR code.....using any number of avenues including coding one yourself....using existing standards. 

My comment was/is in reaction to the comment made earlier that "there are no standards for QR codes". 

On 11/28/2021 at 6:38 PM, RickS said:

No they don't.  Look back at my Post. I said one cannot create their own standard, not that one cannot create a QR code.....using any number of avenues including coding one yourself....using existing standards. 

My comment was/is in reaction to the comment made earlier that "there are no standards for QR codes". 

O f course you can create a QR code.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1