Chapala.com Webboard

Advanced pet care / hospital please

Hello Community - 

I'm reaching out to see if anyone knows of a place where I can take my dog for advanced care. She is a German Shepard 7 years old, and has a cancerous tumor.

We've been to various vets and hospitals. Without advanced care, the prognosis is not good. 

Her best hope they say is localized radiation therapy. Chemo is too invasive and will leave her with a very poor quality of life. However, they say it (radiation therapy) is not available in Mexico. But still, maybe somebody here has some knowledge to help her? I can only ask.

She's a lively and loving dog, and she means the world to me. If you know of any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks

Victor David

p.s. photo is from the early days. I found her as a very small pup on the street.

OchoPup1.jpg

Hi Natasha 

The advanced care my vets have mentioned is localized radiation therapy. It uses a machine to direct the radiation right at the tumor. But they don't have the tech.

My vets have also said that chemo will likely leave my doggie in very sad shape. Bad side effects. The radiation therapy has fewer side effects.

I'm going by what various vets have told me. I've never had a dog that developed cancer before, so I don't know too much about it.

Thanks for the info and the PM. Will look at it right now.