Chapala.com Webboard

Airport PCR test location ?

Oatsie

Level 2 of the parking garage. Cost is $1500 pesos, operating hours I think are 24 x7 but check first before going. Yes I have used them twice. Be aware you need to watch your timing though. They only send the samples out once/day to the lab and this they do at noon. They use their corporate lab in Puebla so make sure you are in the 72 hr. window. A bit of contradiction in the requirements. CDC says 72 hrs. before your flight, Canada Border Services says within 72 hrs. of arrival time into Canada. So your layover times for connecting flights need to be considered - possibly.

• Thanks 2

If you get the sample taken before noon, you will likely get the results in the wee hours of the morning next day, in my most recent case about 21 hrs. turnaround.  Sample taken at 10:30 AM on a Monday, received the results by email at 5:30AM next morning.  Results may vary though.  2 documents, one in Spanish, the other in English.

• Thanks 2

You can get a test in Chapala. Faster, but more expensive, according to previous posts. $2800 vs. $1500 for PCR test.

FYI, we just went to get tested this morning at the airport.

They told me that tests are now sent out at 11:00am and not 12:00 as previously stated.

Pete

But all of this is about to get dicey..... due to the Omicron variant mutations.  The CDC is looking at changing the no-more-than-3-days-prior to flight to no -more-than 1 day prior for fully vaccinated folks!  It is currently THAT for those without proof of full vaccination I understand.

Also under consideration is a requirement for a negative test 3-5 days AFTER one arrives OR to quarantine for 7 days.  

This could make it a crap shoot as to whether one could take the test abroad and have the results in hand, especially if one has an early morning flight.

Stay tuned for the 'rest of the story'.