Chapala.com Webboard

Frozen Pie Shells

Oatsie

I guess I waited too long when I went in search of these pie shells yesterday (Tuesday)....None at Panchos, Superlake, Gourmet Garage nor Walmart. Today I was able to purchase from Walmart in the Bakery area, a frozen rectangular shaped "dough" that I was able to thaw and stretch into two pie shells, LOL!  My Chocolate Chess Pie may be interesting tomorrow.  I've baked them and they look fine.  Continuing to live and learn.

Happy American Thanksgiving!

Val. :)

• Haha 1

LOL, thanks dichosalocura.....the young lady dug around but only found apple pies in the freezer.  Perhaps I should have tried to search further. The crust I used from Walmart for my southern Chocolate Chess pies wasn't great so we just ate the pie ingredients and left the crust, LOL.  Many thanks to oregontochapala for the reference to Williams Burg pies. I'll put this in my cell phone for future use.

Hope everyone had a pleasant, fun and safe American Thanksgiving!

10 hours ago, thevalerieleigh said:

LOL, thanks dichosalocura.....the young lady dug around but only found apple pies in the freezer.  Perhaps I should have tried to search further. The crust I used from Walmart for my southern Chocolate Chess pies wasn't great so we just ate the pie ingredients and left the crust, LOL.  Many thanks to oregontochapala for the reference to Williams Burg pies. I'll put this in my cell phone for future use.

I think you may have gotten the dough for pizza which I have been told they sell. It is for a pie though lol.

• Haha 3

Why drive all over town looking for frozen pie crust??? This is the best pie crust recipe I have been making for over 50 years. Very flakey and so easy. You may want to chill the dough before rolling it out.

Cream Cheese pie crust
½ cup cream cheese
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup butter
pinch salt
1/4 cup sugar (optional)

Mix dry ingredients. Soften cream cheese and butter and mix together incorporating flour a little at a time.

Roll out with a rolling pin between 2 wax papers. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate and prick with fork before baking to prevent shrinkage. Bake for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

MtnMama,

Great recipe! I'll keep it for when I am not so pressed for time. I had been delayed in holiday menu preparations by some pressing issues that took priority or I would have taken the time just to make the pie crust.

I appreciate the recipe and the info. about the other options and will be better prepared for future holiday celebrations.  Just one of the GREAT things about this web board.

Stay safe and healthy everyone, Happy Holidays,

• 2 weeks later...