Chapala.com Webboard

Today a Holiday?

hilobarbie

I know today is not an official holiday, but something has been motivating neighbors to fire off somewhat large batches of fireworks starting last night and again this late afternoon in upper and slightly West Ajijic. There was also loud music in the early evening, yesterday. None yet tonight, but it's still early

Hey it could simply be several large birthday parties. Whatever it is, it's no big deal. I'll remove my hearing aids when it's time for bed.

:)  :)      :)  :)       :)  :) 

I knew it had to be something like that. But yes, I forgot the day. But don't tell anyone, I don't want them to know that I'm in my young eighties.                                                                                                                                        :) :) :)         :) :) :)

• Like 1

Don't worry they have been celebrating San Andrés here in downtown Chapala for the past two days.  Large cohetes are going off as I type.  I don't get it, why can't us Chapalenses just honor our San Francisco or St Francis and forget about the other town's patron saints.  Maybe they are making up for lost time during these past two pandemic years.

7 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Don't worry they have been celebrating San Andrés here in downtown Chapala for the past two days.  Large cohetes are going off as I type.  I don't get it, why can't us Chapalenses just honor our San Francisco or St Francis and forget about the other town's patron saints.  Maybe they are making up for lost time during these past two pandemic years.

Nov. 22nd is the feast day of St. Cecelia, patron saint of musicians. 

Per online newspapers there were many celebrations locally from Joco to Chapala.  There was a mass in her honor at the main church in Chapala which drew a large crowd.  It was followed by a procession by musicians on the Chapala malecón to honor her. 

SAT had a very large music show yesterday on their plaza to honor St. Cecelia as well. 

• Thanks 1