Chapala.com Webboard

Recommendations needed for gas line

Tingting

12 hours ago, Tingting said:

Long story short, ordered an LG laundry center that was supposed to be all electric and turns out the dryer needs a gas connection. So....we'd really appreciate any recommendations for a qualified person to run a gas line between the tank and our new  (and currently cold) LG dryer. TIA!

If there is already a gas line running to the home, it might be good (easier / shorter) to connect into that - perhaps at the gas water heater.    Or another option could be to use a portable tank (BBQ style or cylinder) right at, and just for, the dryer.    Both of these could avoid having to run another line all the way to the existing tank.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Go Solar said:

If there is already a gas line running to the home, it might be good (easier / shorter) to connect into that - perhaps at the gas water heater.    Or another option could be to use a portable tank (BBQ style or cylinder) right at, and just for, the dryer.    Both of these could avoid having to run another line all the way to the existing tank.

OMG....the cylinder at the dryer is an EXCELLENT idea and won't mean another #$%^& line/construction/destruction/etc. I'm going to run that by the hubster but I think that's the best possible solution.

Again, tks to sm1mex for a name (never hurts to keep a file of recommendations) and you, Go Solar. 

Agree with Go Solar. Just make sure that each appliance has it's own shut off valve. Also, make sure that the correct tape is used for the connection. I don't know if it's available here now but I had to purchase the special YELLOW tape specifically made for gas connections.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Agree with Go Solar. Just make sure that each appliance has it's own shut off valve. Also, make sure that the correct tape is used for the connection. I don't know if it's available here now but I had to purchase the special YELLOW tape specifically made for gas connections.

And in case it needs to be mentioned......keep the gas tank/ cylinder OUTSIDE.....por supuesto.    😉   If it must be inside, keep the valve closed except when in use.