Chapala.com Webboard

LG fridge experience

Wefferr2

4 hours ago, Wefferr2 said:

Thinking of buying an LG fridge but have heard that parts and service can be problematic here at Lakeside. Has anyone had that experience? Thanks in advance.

We can get parts and service on the LG from Costco. The ice maker stays jammed up. Other than that it has been good. 

2 hours ago, geeser said:

We can get parts and service on the LG from Costco. The ice maker stays jammed up. Other than that it has been good. 

Re the ice maker, the replacement works better but the key, if you have the one where the freezer is on bottom but the ice maker is in one of the top doors, is to make sure the vent for the intake cold air from the freezer that is piped up to the ice maker is completely clear and your freezer temp is set low enough so it is cold enough up there to keep the ice sufficiently cold and dry.

Sometimes during the wet season despite the auto defrost ice builds up around the vents and impairs the air flow.  

• Thanks 1

I have one of those annd I do not care for ir. Yes the airflow gets screwed up. I do not find the bottom breezer convenient for storage, a side by side  whould be better. I liked the look of ot but do not care for it. We never installed the ice maker as we do not need it.