Chapala.com Webboard

Where to get vaccinated if you missed the bus

Nessa

On 11/24/2021 at 7:49 AM, Ferret said:

You are the kind of person who takes antibiotics for an infection... but doesn't take all of them for the required time frame... and decides to hang on to them in case some other infection happens. 

If you do not understand the implications of the above behaviour then I suggest you talk to a Doctor. The vaccine is to stop severe illness and death. Period.

However the medical world has now learned that for most simple infections it is better to take antibiotics only until one feels better. Things change.

https://www.statnews.com/2017/02/09/antibiotics-resistance-superbugs/ 

I do believe you are correct that the vaccine can stop severe illness and death but I have seen no evidence it stops virus mutation and spread. Have you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, timjwilson said:

However the medical world has now learned that for most simple infections it is better to take antibiotics only until one feels better. Things change.

https://www.statnews.com/2017/02/09/antibiotics-resistance-superbugs/ 

I do believe you are correct that the vaccine can stop severe illness and death but I have seen no evidence it stops virus mutation and spread. Have you?

Interesting article but there is much more to it than "time". One has to assume that the antibiotic prescribed will actually do the job. The wide spectrum antibiotics being prescribed are a good part of the problem causing antibiotic resistance. IF Doctors actually knew what was causing the infection and exactly pinpointed the antibiotic required, it would go a long way to solving said problem. Basically, it's their best guess and I want no part of that. Even in situations of sepsis or CSF involvement, a quick microscopic check in a lab will tell the Doctor which category of bacteria is involved and they can immediately prescribe something more definitive than a wide spectrum antibiotic.

Every person that I know who is vaccinated STILL wears a mask and takes precautions to avoid getting the virus and possibly being the cause of spread and/or mutation. It's what grown up responsible people do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Interesting article but there is much more to it than "time". One has to assume that the antibiotic prescribed will actually do the job. The wide spectrum antibiotics being prescribed are a good part of the problem causing antibiotic resistance. IF Doctors actually knew what was causing the infection and exactly pinpointed the antibiotic required, it would go a long way to solving said problem. Basically, it's their best guess and I want no part of that. Even in situations of sepsis or CSF involvement, a quick microscopic check in a lab will tell the Doctor which category of bacteria is involved and they can immediately prescribe something more definitive than a wide spectrum antibiotic.

Every person that I know who is vaccinated STILL wears a mask and takes precautions to avoid getting the virus and possibly being the cause of spread and/or mutation. It's what grown up responsible people do.

No argument on any of that :)

• Like 1

Asked and answered on the first page. Currently not available unless you go to the States. 

As soon as the info is available about vaccinations for those unvaccinated AND/OR about possible boosters, you can be assured it will be posted here. Or, you can check for yourself at Vaccination Route – Government of Jalisco

You can also check the local private Covid 19 group lakeside which is on Facebook... https://www.facebook.com/groups/188028949308907/

• Thanks 1