Chapala.com Webboard

Panasonic Cordless Digital phones

Natasha

Why hilarious? Because if I don't laugh, I'll need to kill my "new-ish" Siamese cat!

Some will remember my query when ONE remote handset "died". Of course checked all plugs, connections etc. Finally put (correct) new batteries in all 3 sets, with batteries left over. Still didn't really work for more than a few moments..... until it didn't work at all.

In desperation, gave up and bought a whole new set (got a  bit of a deal on Amazon MX due to Buen Fin). Today started the process of change-over, meaning new batteries in all 3 and leaving to charge for 7 hours as instructed. To do that, had to put the  new one replacing the dead one in same location, and on unplugging the adapter from the wall...... HOLY COW!!!  The little wire had been chewed right in half 🤬... by of course I know exactly whom. Wire  well hidden (or so I thought) behind deep table top so never dreamt she would get at it there.

Anyway, now will be posting on "For Sale" section here one base unit with answering system, one "intact remote set, and one more that will work IF someone is good at splicing chewed wire together OR wants to buy this one portion. All contain brand new batteries and will include the extras. Meanwhile, Rick S, Pedro K, and others can have a good belly-laugh at my expense.

• Haha 1

• Natasha changed the title to Panasonic Cordless Digital phones

A friend of mine who was a young mom with 2 little kids back in the days of VCRs, had that device go on the blink. She took it to the repair shop and when she went back to pick it up, the technician told her it was full of cookies. The kids had been feeding cookies into the slot the tape goes into.