Chapala.com Webboard

Access to Mercado LIbre MX

I'll bet Im not the only one.....

I have used Mercado Libre in years past

I just tried to get on, but its not possible

My account has an old and unused TelCel number.

They want a foto ID.... from INE or ...

BUT I dont have one and Im just permanente so I cant get one....

How can I tell the (mis)management at Mercado Libre that there are many non-citzens in Mexico that cannot give a foto ID that they accept  but would like to purchase via Mercado Libre.  I could provide my Permanante Visa, a Passport or other official documents.

Any ideas??

I am in the same exact situation.  I've tried emailing them.  No response.  I've tried their whatsapp number, no response.  I can't find a phone number for mercado libre Mexico that even works.  They say to go to sign in and go to their help chat but if I can't sign in I can't access their help chat. When I google it I see that all the other countries where mercado libre operates have customer service numbers but not Mexico.  They used to several years ago.  

Agree with Ferret.... no banking or any financial stuff on cell phone. BUT.... back to OP.

Are you trying to pay with cash or credit card? I suggest you ignore the old account completely, register as a NEW customer with a different email address, cell phone number  and  password. Now plan to pay with CASH. Yes, it's a little inconvenient, but no hoops to go thru, and no personal info sent to who-knows-where/whom. And there are enough Oxxo's around it's no biggie.

They've really beefed up security these days so you will have to receive a 6-digit security code before you can proceed to enter your account. 3 options.... I choose "send SMS to cell phone" which I receive immediately in "messages". Put those numbers where indicated and you can proceed. I know this is to protect ME so no worries.

Also, with any larger purchases (2 recent) they've emailed me a password to be given to driver delivering (iShop or home) before he will hand it over. Thinking this is related to all the fraud going on these days, and more than happy to comply.

• Like 1

Yes normally Amazon will be more for the same item because on Amazon the seller pays a monthly fee plus a commission that is higher then ML's commission and ML has no monthly fee. Many of us sellers have the same item on both platforms and our price will almost always be less on ML than Amazon. As in anything there are exceptions. 

12 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Yes normally Amazon will be more for the same item because on Amazon the seller pays a monthly fee plus a commission that is higher then ML's commission and ML has no monthly fee. Many of us sellers have the same item on both platforms and our price will almost always be less on ML than Amazon. As in anything there are exceptions. 

If I have a choice,I will pay a bit more for hassle free.

On 11/17/2021 at 9:55 AM, Natasha said:

But often more expensive for exactly the same item.

With Mercadolibre you pay shipping. Amazon shipping is usually free. Mercardolibre does have a better selection of cooking goods and hardwre. I priced a 12AWG extension cord on both and Mercadolibre was much cheaper.

45 minutes ago, Joco said:

With Mercadolibre you pay shipping. Amazon shipping is usually free. Mercardolibre does have a better selection of cooking goods and hardwre. I priced a 12AWG extension cord on both and Mercadolibre was much cheaper.

Sellers on MercadoLibre set their prices and they decide whether or not delivery is included; many items I have purchased included delivery in their price. 

To say Amazon shipping is "usually free" is a stretch, much like a free lunch.  No e-tailer pays for your shipping.  Whether embedded in purchase price or stated separately, you are paying for shipping.    

13 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Sellers on MercadoLibre set their prices and they decide whether or not delivery is included; many items I have purchased included delivery in their price. 

To say Amazon shipping is "usually free" is a stretch, much like a free lunch.  No e-tailer pays for your shipping.  Whether embedded in purchase price or stated separately, you are paying for shipping.    

I have asked sellers on ML to charge for shipping one time on products that can be shipped together and they say that ML sets the shipping cost and they can't change it. Of course the buyer pays all costs on everything, everywhere. The buyer pays all real estate fees when he buys property. Renters pay all expenses such as taxes on a property in their rent. With ML you see the total with the seperate shipping fees. Amazon has shipping in the price you see for the product unless you buy directly from a vendor and not the Amazon warehouse. 

53 minutes ago, Joco said:

I have asked sellers on ML to charge for shipping one time on products that can be shipped together and they say that ML sets the shipping cost and they can't change it. Of course the buyer pays all costs on everything, everywhere. The buyer pays all real estate fees when he buys property. Renters pay all expenses such as taxes on a property in their rent. With ML you see the total with the seperate shipping fees. Amazon has shipping in the price you see for the product unless you buy directly from a vendor and not the Amazon warehouse. 

With ML shipping is always included when your total of the same seller (or buying products marked as Full) is $299 or higher. Only exception are mostly oversized items or not included destinations.

Sellers can decide if they include it to the products when its price is lower than $299. But if it is higher they always have to include shipping. But it isn't very convenient to them to change prices to include shipping as any price change can affect their position in searchresults. Also it happens too often a buyer asks things like this and then takes hours before buying it which can affect their normal sales. They can't adjust the price to include shipping only for you.

You can better ask the seller if they can make an extra publication of the same product but with shipping included but that is only necessary for products of less then $299 and no shipping included.

And the price difference between the seller paying shipping or the buyer paying shipping is at most $30 for smaller items so it won't be that much of a difference anyway.

Other option is to look for an other product of the same seller to complete the $299 and in that case ML will absorb the shipping cost.

12 minutes ago, ednet94 said:

With ML shipping is always included when your total of the same seller (or buying products marked as Full) is $299 or higher. Only exception are mostly oversized items or not included destinations.

Sellers can decide if they include it to the products when its price is lower than $299. But if it is higher they always have to include shipping. But it isn't very convenient to them to change prices to include shipping as any price change can affect their position in searchresults. Also it happens too often a buyer asks things like this and then takes hours before buying it which can affect their normal sales. They can't adjust the price to include shipping only for you.

You can better ask the seller if they can make an extra publication of the same product but with shipping included but that is only necessary for products of less then $299 and no shipping included.

And the price difference between the seller paying shipping or the buyer paying shipping is at most $30 for smaller items so it won't be that much of a difference anyway.

Other option is to look for an other product of the same seller to complete the $299 and in that case ML will absorb the shipping cost.

I have bought from ML for 17 years. I have bought with every scheme they offer. Look up canned Baked Beans. The beans are almost reasonable but the shipping is $99 an item. I asked if they would combine an order and no, they charge $99 per can for shipping. The free shipping over $299 is not always true. I don't want to discuss this anymore. I do primary shopping at Amazon Mx. https://listado.mercadolibre.com.mx/baked-beans#D[A:baked beans]

25 minutes ago, Joco said:

I have bought from ML for 17 years. I have bought with every scheme they offer. Look up canned Baked Beans. The beans are almost reasonable but the shipping is $99 an item. I asked if they would combine an order and no, they charge $99 per can for shipping. The free shipping over $299 is not always true. I don't want to discuss this anymore. I do primary shopping at Amazon Mx. https://listado.mercadolibre.com.mx/baked-beans#D[A:baked beans]

I'm not wanting discuss just wanting to help as I'm both a buyer and seller on ML  Put 4 of those cans in your basket and the shipping is free. I just tried in and it says free shipping just paying for those cans. The system of ML automatically adjust the shipping price, no need to ask the seller.

And free shipping above a total of $299 is always true when bought from same seller or for products marked as Full. There are only a few exceptions but those are rare mostly large items or marked as dangerous goods or in some cases a product is put on a wrong category. Otherwise there is no way a seller can sell items of $299 or more without including shipping. 

• Thanks 1

I just re-attempted to login to my account

It requires me to send them my Mexico election credencial - which as a foreigner, I do no have!

There seems to be no way around it....

I tried sending US Passport - but they want what they want --  that we foreigners cannot possibly have

And I have never been able to reach the company by any phone number I've seen.

I think they have made themselves so proudly secure that they have eliminated customers like me.

With no way to complain or ask for help ....

or any thing else.....

These secure security geniuses have blocked a lot of customers that could buy and pay.....

If you have some means of contacting these secure locos, please....

Send them a link to this conversation so they'll know just how stupid their security geniuses are

and how they have cut off paying customers

thanks 

• Like 1