Chapala.com Webboard

cold!!!!!

Go Canada! there will be 40-50,OOO people at Commonwealth stadium wearing snowmobile suits watching soccer and all of Mexico  will watch on TV in the comfort of their homes or sports bars. I am wearing my jacket this morning because it's still cold HERE. Don't you people ever lighten up? A simple post about UNUSUAL cold HERE  and an important soccer game and y'all gotta argue about global climate "scientists say" nonsense.

This is supposed to be a lighthearted topic about cold coming here about 1 month early and an interesting Can. vs. Mex. soccer match which I  am going to watch and so is mi amigo Lupe. He says M.2-C.1. I say opposite. What part of that don't you get ricks? Instead of highjacking this thread why don't you add your unrelated comment to one of the other threads of which there are a few on here about which you speak-eh!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RickS said:

.... or maybe just misinformed or uniformed rather than ignorant. 

That's the meaning of ignorant, Rick- uninformed or misinformed. Ignorant doesn't mean stupid, as many people seem to think. It means you don't have knowledge about something. We are all ignorant about thousands of things.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

To me...uninformed and ignorant are two very different concepts. But then again I'm a white male so who cares, eh?

Someone's personal concept of what a word means is immaterial. There are dictionary definitions of words, otherwise people would just all come up with their own definition. Of course, if you want to refer to what everyone else calls a chair, as a table, that's up to you. 🙂

Here is the dictionary definition:

lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about a particular thing.
"they were ignorant of astronomy"

36 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

So far the game has not been called off by FIFA because of ignorant weather.

So, how are the Millet Oilers doing this year, happyjillin?  I actually have no idea how they did or are doing this year :) 

22 minutes ago, johanson said:

So, how are the Millet Oilers doing this year, happyjillin?  I actually have no idea how they did or are doing this year :) 

The Edmonton Oilers are atop[11-3] of the western division of the NHL and have the 2 best players in the WORLD. Watching tonight play Winterpeg before the soccer game. Sports night in Chapala with  Dominos pizza.

On 11/15/2021 at 6:45 PM, gringohombre said:

Maybe this is the next global cooling period? Did anyone advise the stuffed shirts in Scotland (who flew in on thier polluting private jets) that CLIMATE CHANGE works both ways???

I got a FROWN thingy on this post commenting on the unusual cool weather here this Fall. Is this not historical FACT??? Ice ages to tropical oppressive heat over the 6+ billion years of our planets history??? And yes, even within many of our lifetimes the so called climate "experts" were predicting the next ice age!!! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

I got a FROWN thingy on this post commenting on the unusual cool weather here this Fall. Is this not historical FACT??? Ice ages to tropical oppressive heat over the 6+ billion years of our planets history??? And yes, even within many of our lifetimes the so called climate "experts" were predicting the next ice age!!! 

No more Ice Ages allowed; the weather has to now be nice and predicable, so people can make plans that they don't have to change. Unacceptable if it gets colder or hotter than last year, or more rain or less rain. We all should know that by now. Get with the Program 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dichosalocura said:

I always thought Mudgirl was American who happened to have lived in Canada for a number of years.

Sort of somewhat right. I was born and raised in the US but left when I was 17 and never lived there again, nor spent more time there than just passing through. Been a Canadian citizen since 1977, my daughters were born and raised there, and consider myself to be Canadian. 

So it's more like I happened to be born and raised in the US, but lived most of my adult life in Canada.

• Like 3