Chapala.com Webboard

Where to buy canned spinach

luvsdawgs

7 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

Growing up I used to think all spinach came in a can and I dispised it.  After growing up and discovering fresh spinach, now I love spinach and it is so easy to get a bag of fresh pre washed popeyes spinach and chop it up yourselves.  Super fast to chop up and super fast to cook and super delicious without the tin flavor.

Be sure to wash it again!!

5 hours ago, Natasha said:

OK.... can't stand it any longer. If no canned spinach is not easily available here, WHY can't the people seeking buy some fresh or frozen and simply cook the  amount required ( to death)  to equal volume of canned needed?

That was certainly my thought. I can't imagine spending so much time trying to find a can of spinach when you could just cook some fresh yourself in a few minutes. And for probably a quarter of the price.

Maybe they're preppers stocking up for the apocalypse.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dichosalocura said:

Growing up I used to think all spinach came in a can and I dispised it.  

I never saw a fresh mushroom until I was about 17. My mother, who was a terrible cook, never used mushrooms in anything, and all I knew of mushrooms were those little slimy bits in Campbell's mushroom soup. 

I've only had a very few nightmares in my life, so the ones I had I remember vividly. I had a nightmare when I was about 4/5 years old where the neighbor's cocker spaniel came flying through my window, but changed into one if those little slimey mushroom bits as it did. 

17 hours ago, Natasha said:

OK.... can't stand it any longer. If no canned spinach is not easily available here, WHY can't the people seeking buy some fresh or frozen and simply cook the  amount required ( to death)  to equal volume of canned needed?

The person I am asking for likes canned better as do a few others I have talked to. I never knew it existed until now.  Actually I am not a fan of spinach period. She and others like her are not preppers as ignorantly assumed. Not everyone likes the same things and if their tastes are different than yours does not need to be ridiculed.

• Like 1

The person I am asking for likes canned better as do a few others I have talked to. I never knew it existed until now.  Actually I am not a fan of spinach period. She and others like her are not preppers as ignorantly assumed. Not everyone likes the same things and if their tastes are different than yours does not need to be ridiculed.

I did NOT ridicule her tastes OR suggest "prepper".... only asked because many things  people are used to NOB have to be adjusted for  here.

So go after those who DID if you want.

1 hour ago, luvsdawgs said:

She and others like her are not preppers as ignorantly assumed. Not everyone likes the same things and if their tastes are different than yours does not need to be ridiculed.

You apparently have zero sense of humor. It was a joke, not an ignorant assumption nor ridicule.

• Sad 3

• moderator-2 changed the title to Where to buy canned spinach
On 11/10/2021 at 6:54 PM, luvsdawgs said:

Canned spinach. A friend and some of her friends have been looking for this and cannot find it. She tells me Delmonte and Popeye are the two brands she knows of. Please let me know if you find it, thanks.

You've been around here plenty long enough to know food topics go in La Cocina.

I went to a poor school in Oklahoma and every Wednesday we had pinto beans, spinach out of gallon cans and cornbread.  The only saving grace was we also got cherry cobbler which was great.  Now I like to cook some bacon well done, chop it up and add it to fresh spinach which I fry with a little olive oil and white vinegar.