Chapala.com Webboard

Question re: Panasonic Digital Cordless Phone Set

Natasha

Hi electronic geeks. Me again.......your favourite dummy......sigh.   Installed new rechargeable batteries in base unit (includes answering machine) plus 2 other units (talking only). But now, one of the separate units keeps coming up "blank" and doesn't work. Have tried removing batteries, rolling them around a moment, and putting back. Pretends to work for about 3 minutes. Then dead again. Connections to back of unit to power all OK and so is the power plug in the wall.

Thought it MIGHT be place where base and unit fit together (power source). Have cleaned as best I can with alcohol and  Q-tip.  Worked for a very short time. Now dead again.

Cannot remember how old this set is, but at least 9 years.  (KX-TG4133 )Is this set toast? OR is there a magician out there for me?  Thanks in advance.☺️

10 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Hi electronic geeks. Me again.......your favourite dummy......sigh.   Installed new rechargeable batteries in base unit (includes answering machine) plus 2 other units (talking only). But now, one of the separate units keeps coming up "blank" and doesn't work. Have tried removing batteries, rolling them around a moment, and putting back. Pretends to work for about 3 minutes. Then dead again. Connections to back of unit to power all OK and so is the power plug in the wall.

Thought it MIGHT be place where base and unit fit together (power source). Have cleaned as best I can with alcohol and  Q-tip.  Worked for a very short time. Now dead again.

Cannot remember how old this set is, but at least 9 years.  (KX-TG4133 )Is this set toast? OR is there a magician out there for me?  Thanks in advance.☺️

Have you tried placing the problem handset in the charger base of one of the other handsets and visa versa? That will at least tell you if the problem is the base or the handset

Our base doesn’t have batteries. Electric. Cordless phone has batteries. Replaced them once. Sometimes if it doesn’t charge good use a pencil eraser and rub back and forth on the bottom portable phone metal connection to the base and it will get off any ozone or whatever on the base connectors. 

1 hour ago, sm1mex said:

Our base doesn’t have batteries. Electric. Cordless phone has batteries. Replaced them once. Sometimes if it doesn’t charge good use a pencil eraser and rub back and forth on the bottom portable phone metal connection to the base and it will get off any ozone or whatever on the base connectors. 

My wrong wording? All 3 (base plus 2 others)   have batteries within the portable units, and electric connection from power plug to base they each sit on. Pencil eraser.... nada.  Sandpaper nada.  REALLY don't want to buy a whole new set. Guess I'll get on the Panasonic IF I can find a number (Skype) and see how I can buy a single.... or if that's a viable option.

7 minutes ago, Natasha said:

My wrong wording? All 3 (base plus 2 others)   have batteries within the portable units, and electric connection from power plug to base they each sit on. Pencil eraser.... nada.  Sandpaper nada.  REALLY don't want to buy a whole new set. Guess I'll get on the Panasonic IF I can find a number (Skype) and see how I can buy a single.... or if that's a viable option.

Both Amazon mx&us have singles but it must be compatible with your base unit. Been there,done that.

• Like 1

Thanks all. Found "singles" but none for my model, and individually they're too darn expensive! Gave  up and bought a new set last night.... Amazon Mx.   But only after wading thru' many offerings that were rebuilt, or new ones that seem to "link" to one's cellphone..... NOT..... and to include Bluetooth......not useful to me since I don't have any blue teeth, only slightly dingy used-to-be white ones 😉     

Set was actually pretty hard to find, but got a little extra discount so happy enough.