Chapala.com Webboard

DAMN GOOD BURGER

CBGUY

38 minutes ago, gringal said:

I've seen some topic wander many times, but how on earth did we go from burgers to smoking???😉

Because,........they had previous allowed smoking!?!,

That is not "wander", but linear,........

Thank you, Beto for clarification. Looking fwt to bringing a couple to enjoy your food.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, luvsdawgs said:

Actually it is against the law to smoke inside a restaurant.

I think that most people here know that and are talking about designated OUTDOOR smoking areas. And yes, this has been covered ad nauseum here over many years. Simple solution: call the restaurant ahead of time to check thier smoking policy. As a non smoker myself and a somewhat healthy guy I could care less. However, I think that mostly FREE CHOICE enters the equation: the restaurant proprietor has the choice to have a designated outdoor smoking area and you have a choice of entering the establishment or not!!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, luvsdawgs said:

Actually it is against the law to smoke inside a restaurant.

Yes, I'm aware of that. But even if the restaurant turns a blind eye to it, I don't smoke out of respect to other diners. I step away to smoke even at a private party at someone's home, even outside, if there are non-smokers who it bothers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To update the smoking question, it's two young guys who are trying desperately to make a go of it. Immediately upon reading the smoking policy concerns, they responded to this webboard in a mature, positive, and professional way. We went back Friday evening: there is a prominent NO SMOKING sign, they are going to create a two-table area in the open area behind the restaurant's swinging saloon doors for patrons who want to smoke.

They have been THE most responsive restaurateurs I've seen pretty much anywhere. And, as the topic says, these are DAMN GOOD BURGERS. 

Please give them a try: have some complementary popcorn as you wait for your meal to be prepared to order, sit and chat with them in their perfect US-accented English, learn who they are and what they are trying to accomplish, then enjoy a DAMN GOOD BURGER.

Thank you, Beto and keep up the good work.

• Like 9

Here's a picture of their menu.  Unfortunately, the menu is plasticised so the picture does't show well.

Perhaps Beto can post a non-plasticised picture or scan of the menu.

Tried the burger yesterday and it really was "Damn Good"!

Menu.jpg

• Thanks 3

We went to El Ancla yesterday and my husband ordered the burger.  It was HUGE, perfectly cooked and had cheese, plus the usual add-ons.  Fries or veggies included.  Cost: not much over 100 pesos.  I got a bite, but there's no way I could have finished it.  This is for hungry folks with a big appetite! I had the chicken burger...also very good and 85 pesos including cheese, fries or veggies.  Both are the best we're found.  Indoor or outdoor seating.  Pleasant staff.

Location:  West Ajijic, lake side in a small strip mall just past the big gas station.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...