Chapala.com Webboard

DAMN GOOD BURGER

CBGUY

Turn south on street on the east side of Strom Movers parking lot. One block south, turn right on Zaragoza. Go 2 blocks and on the Southwest corner is Beto"s. Six or seven different burgers, hot dogs, chili dogs, onion rings, pulled pork and more. I had the double which reminded me of an In and Out burger. Excellent meat, juicy and, cooked perfectly! Great burger in walking distance from home....I'm happy!

• Like 2

Went back today and we met a friend for lunch. Heidi and  split a coke, Heidi had a single with fries, I had the double with onion rings, and, Mike had a chili dog, fries, onion rings and a beer. The total charge for the 3 of us was $335. There's another place that serves single, double and triple burgers. I think this is much better at about half the price!

Heidi n' Rick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We went this past Sunday evening just before dark. There was one table occupied by patrons, all smokers, as was one of the owner-brothers, so we had a Coke, some popcorn, and instead placed our order to go. We chatted for a bit...they're sweet, young guys who for a time lived in Oregon and who are trying to make a go of things while they go to school and, honestly, the made decent and tasty burgers and fries. Thanks for the recommendation...you never know when you'll crave a burger and if you live west and can avoid traffic, all the better!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, luvsdawgs said:

Sorry to hear they allow smoking in the restaurant. That is a game changer for me and many others. Too bad, I was really looking forward to having a decent burger but wont go there now..

That is a shame. Due to COPD, I also will not go to places that allow smoking.

• Like 2

you’re right, I’m sorry, I’m just getting started so it’s been a bit hard making ends meet but I’m getting a full time wait person and it won’t happen again, we'd be really happy to have u back and give u the best service we can.

We're really sorry for the bad experience, but looking forward to offer our costumer's the best food service and attention.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, happyjillin said:

I have COPD and smoke puros  which I don't inhale and my wife smokes cigaros and so do some of our guests, so you could go there and pick a table away from the smokers.

Or smokers could show more courtesy. After all it is their addiction, not others.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CBGUY said:

Great decision Beto! I'm one of those "nasty" smokers  but,

for one of your burgers, I'll leave my cigarettes at home!

Rick

We are not asking smokers to QUIT smoking, just to stop for the 45 minutes or so they will be at an eatery.  I smoked for 20 years (when I was young and stupid), but never had an issue not lighting up for an hour or two for whatever reason.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CBGUY said:

Just for the heck of it, why not go back to the original subject. This smoking/non smoking thing has been beaten to death along with dogs in a restaurant. Beto has DAMN GOOD BURGERS!

The % of smokers v. non-smokers means he will LOSE business because you can't forgo a cig for an hour.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

The % of smokers v. non-smokers means he will LOSE business because you can't forgo a cig for an hour.  

I guess you need to learn how to read before commenting. I said I WOULD LEAVE MY CIGARETTES AT HOME! I could use smaller words if that would help!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When I read your  "would" comment I interpreted it as this (below).  I am glad you are willing to not smoke during a meal out.  

I await other non-smoker comments as to whether the smoking impacts the non-smokers.  

"The main difference between will and would is that will is used for real possibilities while would is used for imagined situations in the future."

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

It's kind of sad. I posted about a good experience Heidi and I had to let people know and, to possibly help the restaurant. Unfortunately, there always seems to be vultures sitting on their respective limbs waiting to fly down and attack something! I swore months ago that I would never post on this board again. I guess, during a senior moment, I forgot...I won't make that mistake again! By the way, I don't need an English lesson from someone who obviously can't read! ADIOS!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

We are not asking smokers to QUIT smoking, just to stop for the 45 minutes or so they will be at an eatery.  I smoked for 20 years (when I was young and stupid), but never had an issue not lighting up for an hour or two for whatever reason.  

Perhaps if you had read my original post regarding my cigarettes, you would have seen that I said "I'll." leave my cigarettes at home. Smart people know that I'll is a contraction for I will. So fly back to your limb and wait for the next one!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, CBGUY said:

Snip,....you would have seen that I said "I'll." leave my cigarettes at home.

6 hours ago, CBGUY said:

I guess you need to learn how to read before commenting. I said I WOULD LEAVE MY CIGARETTES AT HOME! I could use smaller words if that would help!

Turns out what you said was read. 

Some people are always playing the martyr card.

I've had numerous, meals ruined, when the table next to us finished and decided they would all light up. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mudgirl said:

I'm a smoker and I never light up in a restaurant. If I want an after dinner smoke, I walk out on the street.

Now what about all those people who slather on perfume and aftershave that I have to breathe while trying to eat a meal?

Actually it is against the law to smoke inside a restaurant.