Chapala.com Webboard

EL CHARRO RESTAURANT - COLON 18, AJIJIC

Carnivore

Ditto learning about El Charro. We ate dinner last night at Tango Ajijic and took Juarez north back to the carretera when we passed El Charro lit up, it looked very nice. My wife tried to find info on the phone and no facebook, no google info was to be found.

Anyone know about this place??

@Jubilacion.....Are you sure it was El Charro....it's not anywhere near Juarez or the carretera, though it is near Tango. 

In any case, here's menu.  Small menu, pricey; have seen mixed reviews. 

fyi, they allow smoking on their back patio, which is a deal killer for me.

elcharro1.jpg

Thanks Bisbee Gal, that menu does look a bit pricey. I'm sure of the location though.

We were parked on Calle Colon, above Tango Ajijic, at the Plaza. Going home turned west on Calle Hildalgo and right (north) on Calle Juarez when we passed El Charro. Its on Juarez between Hildago and Zaragozza. Do you think that menu is the same restaurant?

Gracias!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jubilacion said:

Nope, its on Calle Juarez, just drove by it last night. We were heading up (north) Juarez when we passed it on the right side of the street, Colon is a southbound street. Looks like we'll have to stop by nebxt visit into Ajijic downtown.

I walk by it daily, it is on Colon, as in the Title of this thread Colon #18.  But let me correct that for the OP as it is actually at #16 Colon.  There is a large RED lettered #18 sign next door to El Charro on Colon which may have caught the OP's eye...it is an Art Gallery.  What you think you saw on Juarez escapes me.  

From a FB post, 

Address #16 Colon in Ajijic. Telephone
376 766 1597

Also from a FB page on live music venues, 

Join Black Sapphire Jazz
at EL CHARRO, calle Colón, Dowtown Ajijic. Live music and an incredible menu, in a great place!

It's definitely on colon. While waiting for my cocktail I walked a few short steps up to the atm at Bancomer. Twelve of us ate their on Wednesday and were very pleased. Yes it's pricey, but the whole experience was worth it. The food was fabulous, try the French onion soup! They open at 3 pm, don't know what time they close. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I appreciate all the restaurant reviews I receive and I am glad people take the time to write them.  These reviews have saved me from several costly mistakes I would have made.  Thanks Anthony!!!

• Like 4

On 4/3/2022 at 5:49 PM, dichosalocura said:

No need to be mean. 

Posting an honest reflection of one's experience is not "being mean". If people only ever reviewed things when they had positive things to say, that would render reviews pointless. 

Inconsistency in service and product in a restaurant, or any business, is not acceptable, as you you seem to think it is. If one goes to eat somewhere that was recommended, and get terrible food or bad service, "Oh well, they must have been having a bad day" is not what businesses should rely on as being most people's attitude.

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2022 at 7:07 PM, dichosalocura said:

But you missed the already deleted comment by another infamous poster degrading and belittling him for giving his opinion.

Ah, sorry. When a post gets deleted entirely, then responses to it no longer make sense or it seems like they are responding to a post right above it. That's why it's useful to quote at least part of a post that one is responding to, so it's clear who is being addressed.

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2021 at 2:21 PM, Jubilacion said:

Nope, its on Calle Juarez, just drove by it last night. We were heading up (north) Juarez when we passed it on the right side of the street, Colon is a southbound street. Looks like we'll have to stop by next visit into Ajijic downtown.

I am standing in front of it!! It is on colon just south of the square.  I have dined there also and it is the third best beef Wellington on the planet!!!