Chapala.com Webboard

heads up for $ move

If you'd  on the ball it was much better earlier this morning. Doesn't look to me like you're taking exchange rates into account either.... but yes, it's a good trend.

That said,  you might want to consider just how much you're bringing, with the following from Mexico News Daily yesterday, via Financial Times:

".....A sudden drop in gross domestic product in the third quarter has analysts and investors asking how fragile the country’s rebound might be.....",

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Natasha said:

If you'd  on the ball it was much better earlier this morning. Doesn't look to me like you're taking exchange rates into account either.... but yes, it's a good trend.

That said,  you might want to consider just how much you're bringing, with the following from Mexico News Daily yesterday, via Financial Times:

".....A sudden drop in gross domestic product in the third quarter has analysts and investors asking how fragile the country’s rebound might be.....",

I look at the XE first as a starting point for negotiating with my account exec at Intercam. I know exactly what I am doing before I shoot the puck thanks.

16.75 now @ 4:35 and I  will only do something manana if the rate stays over 16.70.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

NO politics on this board, por favor.  

Does not politics effect the exchange rate? I have been trying to figure out if the US economy tanking is helping or hurting the rate here, or is this a combination with AMLO's failures also? Very confusing to me since I admit to not being knowledgeable in this area. Why not a conversation about how this actually works for Expats here? I certainly would like to learn more about this. The US$ exchange has been hovering in the $20 range here for quite a while. Do not know about the CA$. Any predictions and data as to where it might go?

You make a good point, Gringohombre. Being a moderator is hard. Because one can make an innocent comment, that can be read several ways by others. 

Let us all try to keep our comments non political, if that is possible :)  which I think is near impossible to do.

by MOD5   :)  😀  :) 

• Haha 1

What I'm reading is it is a reaction to the Fed sending out vibes about interest rate boosts coming.

I bought an apartment in Guad three years ago for our students at over 22 pesos to the dollar.  We aren't there by a long shot.

Economic theory says that huge budget deficits will translate into lower currency values.  Hasn't happened yet but history shows that when it does, it happens fast.  Countries that are no friends of the U.S. are doing their best to replace the dollar as the reserve currency.  If that happens, look out below.

Nice opportunity now to stock up on pesos to pay those year end expenses like taxes, insurance, water bills, aguinaldos.