Chapala.com Webboard

Renewing temporal resident visa and TIP

Susy Wilson

I believe I have the information to renew our temporal resident visas which expire Dec. 8 but still am not sure how to deal with the extension of the TIP. From what I can understand renewing our temporal visa extends the TIP as well but we need to send a notice to Aduana to inform them? I would of course assume that notice would have to be in Spanish as well but is there a set form to do that? I have tried searching and not found any other information:/ 

Yes, extending your Temporal also extends the TIP 'for the length of the Temporal' (which *can* be for up to 3 more years if you wish) BUT you are right that you must inform Aduana of this. If doing it (renewal) yourself you can go to Aduana in the GDL airport. 

I've not heard of a 'form' for this purpose but that doesn't mean that one doesn't exist. Personally I'd give Chapala attorney Spencer McMullen's office a call and ask him, or shoot him an email at chapalalegal at gmail dot com

• Like 1

Thank you Rick. I actually tried to get in touch with Spencers office to help us deal with our temporal visa application last year when we first applied but after repeated attempts and finally a promise that they would call me back no one ever did and I used the services of ABC Legal instead. I am hoping I can manage the renewal process on my own. I was hoping to hear from someone here that had maybe dealt with the issue in the recent past but I guess not. I will figure it out I am sure:-) 

• 3 weeks later...

We used Azucena Bateman at ABC Legal in Ajijic 🇲🇽 (Google ABC Legal, highly rated) and she coordinated our 3 year Temporal extension and extending the TIP to match. She speaks english and is good at returning emails and the cost was very reasonable. We didn't want the hassle of doing it ourselves and glad we used her service. .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...