Chapala.com Webboard

Latest GAS guys

ea93105

5 minutes ago, bmh said:

Juan also gave my husband the wrong answer when my husband who could not walk down to the tank. Yes nice guy but I arrived on time and see he was lying..

As in not telling the truth!, soon we are going to have to bet a bank lone to help pay all the increases in the costs of living...maybe time to invest in a solar water heater

• Like 2

I am about to order gas. I last filled my 180 litre tank in December of 2019. Yes, 2019. I have an on demand water heater which has no tank and no pilot light. It lights via piezo ignition automatically when the hot water tap is turned on. It requires two DD batteries. I have changed them once since installing the heater in 2016. And I cook using the stovetop... but have an electric countertop oven. No worries there either since I have 5 solar panels and my electric bill has been zero since March of 2018.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, bmh said:

yes it is a good idea as well as a de paso water heater which saves lots of money too.

A combo is a great way to go, a solar water heater as primary combined with a solar ready on-demand auto-backup like a Kruger; this way you get hot water the fastest way, 24/7, and still with the absolute minimum of gas use.Ā  Ā  The on-demand only kicks in when needed, the rest of the time, not even a pilot light.Ā  Ā Ā 

Not sure I understand that.Ā  We have on demand and a long run to the kitchen and it works great.Ā  Getting the hot water there is no slower than it was with a regular hot water heater but we are using 1/3rd the gas we used to.Ā Ā 

You have to wait for the hot water to arrive regardless.

One trick our guy used was to set the operating temperature lower so when you mix hot with cold you use more hot and keep the flow up so it doesn't cycle.

Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bmh said:

The on demand does not work if it is very far from the delivery point but otherwise it is great. In the house in Chiapas the hearter is very far from the bathroom so the ingeneer told me on demand would not work..

An on-demand unit heats water to the same temp as a "regular" boiler.Ā  Ā  Ā What can happen is that a very long run of un-insulated pipe, particularly one that is in the ground, cools the water off going from the heater to the point of use.Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Move the heater closer to the point of use, or insulate the line, or run an insulated line.Ā  Ā  Ā  Tubo-Plus (AKA:Ā  "the green stuff") is a double walled co-polymer pipe that can do a good job versus copper in these kind of situations and also be more durable and leakproof as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1