Chapala.com Webboard

Internet outages

Tingting

30 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Many in Riberas have TotalPlay. I just got a flyer under my door there. The name of the installer is Josue Ibon and his cell number is 333-197-2197. I do not know if he's an English speaker but it's worth the call to find out.

We are still NOB but have marked your response for arrival. Many Thanks

3 hours ago, Ferret said:

Many in Riberas have TotalPlay. I just got a flyer under my door there. The name of the installer is Josue Ibon and his cell number is 333-197-2197. I do not know if he's an English speaker but it's worth the call to find out.

Do you not have to go to some office here to sign up? Is this the only guy doing the installations? I am in SAT and would like to give them a try.

6 hours ago, mkshawn said:

We are still NOB but have marked your response for arrival. Many Thanks

Installers may or may not (?) be able to actually get you started towards doing a contract. But you can call 800 330 1111 once you get here.... that's the direct line to "new contracts" only,  where you can opt for English (dial 9) and they will deal with you.  This is a fairly new change.... the 800 510 0510 that USED to be the one you called is now exclusively for existing clients.

4 hours ago, artsnob said:

The installers for Totalplay speak English..

NO, Ken, actually they don't.  Right now with all the repairs etc. needed after the disasters west of Ajijic, there are some teams out there that           don't speak any English at all. I know because I went to a friend's house last week for the express purpose of go-between/translator during her new install. This was in San Antonio.  Assume that will go back to "normal" once all that gets   repaired / cleaned up.

3 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Do you not have to go to some office here to sign up? Is this the only guy doing the installations?......

There are several doing installs in San Antonio..... just depends on who gets the "Orden de Servicio" sent to them.  I've had 2 different teams at my house, got help from another team right out on street by my corner once, and encountered yet another group last week  ......all within 9 blocks of Ramón Corona in San A.  Also depends if you get morning shift (9 - 4) or afternoon shift ( 2 - 9)

5 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Do you not have to go to some office here to sign up? Is this the only guy doing the installations? I am in SAT and would like to give them a try.

No office, but they are ALWAYS in the entrance area of Wally's World on Saturdays (I think it's just to torment me for not living in an available area! :P)

14 minutes ago, Tingting said:

No office, but they are ALWAYS in the entrance area of Wally's World on Saturdays (I think it's just to torment me for not living in an available area! :P)

I did get one of those handouts at Walmart and at the bottom there is the main # of 800 330 1111 and under that in a white area is a hand written name and another # starting with 332. After all these years full time and many more travelling and doing business here, my red light goes on!!! There were many people there passing out these flyers. I am used to doing business with the source, not a person handing out flyers. I am sure that this is legitimate business but want to make sure that I am starting off on the right foot!!! Any input would be appreciated. Gracias

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

You really should start trusting someone around here. They have been handing out flyers every day as a promotional campaign basically since they started in the area. They obviously don't need an office here, not right now anyway, because they are doing gangbusters business this way. They are the fastest and most interested in getting people hooked up, unlike iLox, who show great contempt for their customers, and a disinterested laziness in installations and support.

There are not "many people" handing them out. Often there is a team of two; more often just one. They are working on commission, something any good businessman would know about. Thus the white space and handwritten numbers.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, artsnob said:

Do they send a bill for account payment, how do you pay for your service, installer said open App, I tried but to no success...

I refused to have the App on my cell phone. Requested they send me an email with the monthly statement. And sure enough,                                     nearly a month to the day ( paid installer first month up front, as do all) it came. PDF form if you want a paper copy to print. I do and I did.

There are various options to pay but I elected cash at Oxxo.  On 2nd page,  after the two totals to pay:  (1) List price   (2)  BIG discount if you pay before a stated date, you will see

REFERENCIAS PARA PAGAR EN BANCOS

Below that are 3 options, one being Oxxo, that all use a Reference number  ( on line right under those three logos)

Below that some more are reference codes for a host of different banks.

If necessary you can sign in to "MiCuenta" OR you can call the 800-510 0510 to get those email statements set up.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

TV channels are all Spanish. VOIP phone quality sucks at my place.

Have you called to see if they can make the phone better. Often on VOIP phones it is just a matter of tweeking the QOS setting on their end (Quality of Service)?

2 hours ago, luvsdawgs said:

Has anyone gotten the entire package with TV, internet and telephone? I am interested in knowing their experience with the telephone as well as TV, are programs in English? How good is telephone quality? I am assuming internet is good as all seem to like it. Thanks for any input.

I have all three and out phone clarity is far better than with TM, especially with calls to/from cell phones. We got the "basic" TV (80 channels) because only wanted Guad news and Mx City news.... and yes, they're only in Spanish.  But a friend has the "step " package with lots of English channels and she's very happy with that. Didn't need it, so didn't ask cost/details.

In the US and probably the same in Mexico when the expansion of adding other service providers started those new companies were leasing line usage and bandwidth from the main companies lines. In the US that was AT&T till others could get city permissions to install their own lines when financially possible. So possibly when a company in your local is adding customers it's tying into a line leasers lines requiring some down time somewhere on the lines. Then there are the oops had to pull the plug to figure out which line is which in the jumble or a backhoe operator sneezed when digging :) 

Not to rain on satellite but clouds interfere with service.