Chapala.com Webboard

USA SS Cola jumps by 5.9%

3 hours ago, ibarra said:

Here is the website if anyone wants to look at it:

https://www.ssa.gov/cola/

Thank you for the resource web page

Inflation is going in the same direction world wide. Oversea freight charges have gone out of sight. Sadly COLA will only reflect a fraction of the true cost for fighting this horrible Pandemic...There is no free lunch Virginia ..now watch out for the other shoe to drop. Increase Taxes

• Thanks 1

Inflation is here too. I've been tracking it for a couple of months.  Rice, toilet paper, Tuna fish.  Mostly goes up a few pesos. Crunchy Skippy Pnut Butter jumped 50 pesos all at once. Favorite Vodka rose 20 pesos right before big Holiday. The Market Place Arrachera pkg holds less meat and went from 147ps on sale to 162 and now is 185. This is at Walmart.

14 hours ago, sunnyvmx said:

Inflation is here too. I've been tracking it for a couple of months.  Rice, toilet paper, Tuna fish.  Mostly goes up a few pesos. Crunchy Skippy Pnut Butter jumped 50 pesos all at once. Favorite Vodka rose 20 pesos right before big Holiday. The Market Place Arrachera pkg holds less meat and went from 147ps on sale to 162 and now is 185. This is at Walmart.

There is a saying (dicho) here that goes "When the US sneezes Mexico gets the flu" !!! So this poster, myself and all here (local and expat) will be seeing much more of this into the future. There is also a dicho in the US that says "The buck stops here!"...where is that today regarding the Jefe Puppet NOB and the people behind the curtain  pulling the strings? Their poll numbers are dropping like a rock across the board including  other D's and even the complicit media!!!

I hope that I am staying within the bounds here since this has, and will continue to affect us ALL here.

Edited by gringohombre
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jreboll said:

Has nothing to do with any Jefe Puppet. Since the bank crisis in 2008 there has been massive money printing going on and this is the consequence of it all.  It is disingenuous to act surprised and start pointing fingers. Everyone knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

WOW!!! We have an actual fanatical expert here. You are correct Sir! However in my humble opinion it has taken off like a rocket with the most recent US administration and if the potential in-progress legislations pass there, it looks ominous for them and will effect us all HERE!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Monetary easing has been increasing every year since it started.  Every administration can be blamed for printing more money than the last.  This exponential rise is just the end result of what would eventually happen.

it couldn’t have ended any other way, regardless of what the Fed says.  Now they’re trying to figure out how to end it without bringing down the stock market.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well I do wonder how this will all end up affecting us  here in Mexico.  For starters I don't see how Costco, which depends on Mexican customers, is going to be able to raise prices enough to cover this and still have those customers.  For our part we are focusing more on replacing the stuff we get there with Mexican products.

In comparison to the U.S. for quite some time as Jreboll noted, Mexico is a paragon of fiscal responsibility.  More than ever we feel vindicated in our decision to move here permanently and do not envision any circumstance which would cause us to return there.

I have found that I like Spam. I like inst Coffee and powdered cream. Mexico buys a lot of energy from NOB and the US will have little to sell. Transformers or parts for them may be out on a ship somewhere. I also wonder what life will be like here when the SHTF.

2 hours ago, sunnyvmx said:

I have found that I like Spam. I like inst Coffee and powdered cream. Mexico buys a lot of energy from NOB and the US will have little to sell. Transformers or parts for them may be out on a ship somewhere. I also wonder what life will be like here when the SHTF.

WAIT A MINUTE!  I draw the line at Spam!!  :D 

Good, more for me. Fried crispy with garlic salt in olive oil and i don't miss bacon. Add two fried eggs 🍳 and grits. Of course the grits are $7 a box of 12 env. Not bad if I'm practicing one meal a day. Hopefully, the small truck farmers will be growing veggies and stands will be on street corners and driving by if there is gas . I'm not looking forward to being a vegetarian but the dogs and I will survive on rice and beans.