Chapala.com Webboard

US to open land border to Mexico & Canada

Dostortas

The United States will lift restrictions at its land borders with Canada and Mexico for fully vaccinated foreign nationals in early November, ending historic curbs on non-essential travelers in place since March 2020 to address the COVID-19 pandemic.

Unvaccinated visitors will still be barred from entering the United States from Canada or Mexico at land borders.

One question unanswered is whether the United States will accept vaccines from visitors who received doses of two different COVID-19 vaccines.

From Reuters

• Thanks 1

I have read this on Fox news also.  It appears to me at least, that the Border agents MAY ask to see proof of vaccination.  It also appears to me that this new caveat pertains to foreigners, not U.S. Citizens:   The new rules, to be announced Wednesday, will allow fully vaccinated foreign nationals to enter the U.S. regardless...  Which I understand would apply to Canadians, not U.S. citizens.   I cannot find it reported about refusal to allow any U.S. citizen returning to the U.S. from Mexico by land entry into their country if they are not vaccinated.