Chapala.com Webboard

Equipale

Does anyone have a suggestion of where  to buy some equipale furniture.  Would like really good quality.  Bought a couch many years ago from an area with many furniture stores, I think it was outside of Ocotlan but I can't remember exactly.  Locally or Guadalajara would be great.  Thanks for any help.

The town of Zocualco de Torres is about 40 min drive from here.  That is where equapales are made.  Everyone in the village is involved.  The top makers have good websites so you can decide on style,  color & $.  There are many levels of $$$.  We went to the shop we had picked  paid deposit & furniture delivered on time plus carried up to our mirador.  I will look up company I dealt with & send info.

• Like 3

I have been buying equipales at Zacoalco de Torres for my wholesale business for well over 20 years. Early on I met a guy there named Ramon who was just forming a Co-Op of families there. He and his family have been in this business for generations and saw a need for being able to create large orders in a timely way with strict quality control. I have continued working with Ramon for all these years and always our customers rave about the variety, quality and low prices. A few years ago he opened a gallery/retail store in town where you will find the very best quality equipales at great prices. You can call Ramon directly at 333 137 1543 to get directions to his gallery...tell him that Dennis of El Dorado Imports recommended him!!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fishcake said:

The town of Zocualco de Torres is about 40 min drive from here.  That is where equapales are made.  Everyone in the village is involved.  The top makers have good websites so you can decide on style,  color & $.  There are many levels of $$$.  We went to the shop we had picked  paid deposit & furniture delivered on time plus carried up to our mirador.  I will look up company I dealt with & send info.

We dealt with Imperial.  Put their address on GPS & found it no problem.  Staff were wonderful.  Although no English we got by easily.  We had picked our what we wanted on line but once there able to feel the leather & look at the colors made changes.  Since they are making the piece for you, you can change things like seat height, width etc.  Imperial has 3 shops within their block plus a small gallery.

Have fun & enjoy lunch.

17 hours ago, fishcake said:

I agree-this town west of Jocotepec has the best selection. They display their furniture outside their shops so you drive around looking at what they make. Equipale chairs used to be quite uncomfortable but they are making much better quality ones now. Many of the shops will deliver.