Chapala.com Webboard

HSBC across from Walmart closed

3 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Back open today.  Apparently it was a network failure and they knew it would not be back up all day.  

It is hard to know what is actually going on. A neighbour has been having trouble for weeks getting money at CI Banco. First it would not give her as fat as a wad as she wanted to pay her rent (or was she too slow in taking the money out). Her bank in Canada told her it would take 45 days to make up the fault . She has been back to CI Banco today with her landlord for the 3rd time amd she still cannot get enough money to pay her rent-she has more monay in her account..  She says one of their 2 ATMs seems to be broken and the other has no money. I keep a stash of money for similar problems.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

I couldn't go in the metal gate was down and there was a sign in the door saying only closed with no explanation

You obviouly don't know how HSBC operates. There are two lines in the entrance foyer-one is to use the ATMS the other is to go into the inner sanctum to talk to the managar or an assistant manager. For the latter line they have the metal gates down with a side door open to allow people in on a limited basis. I did not see any closed sign. End of discussion for me. 

23 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

It was closed on Tuesday when I posted.  If you bothered to read the thread I stated 2 hours ago it was open today and what I was told about why they were closed. 

I read your post but it was nonsense as the bank was open.

OK, I was there yesterday and there was a closed sign on the outer door (in English) and only one ATM...it had a sign that said there was no money in the machine. The other two machines weren't there. So...the big question for me is what did people see today? If the machines are back in place, maybe it was some sort of massive maintenance? The signs didn't say so....enquiring minds want to know!

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Tingting said:

OK, I was there yesterday and there was a closed sign on the outer door (in English) and only one ATM...it had a sign that said there was no money in the machine. The other two machines weren't there. So...the big question for me is what did people see today? If the machines are back in place, maybe it was some sort of massive maintenance? The signs didn't say so....enquiring minds want to know!

Thank you for verifying they they were closed yesterday. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cedros said:

You obviouly don't know how HSBC operates. There are two lines in the entrance foyer-one is to use the ATMS the other is to go into the inner sanctum to talk to the managar or an assistant manager. For the latter line they have the metal gates down with a side door open to allow people in on a limited basis. I did not see any closed sign. End of discussion for me. 

I certainly do. I am a client.  It was locked, and the lights were off. There was no one behind the metal gates. Today they told me they were closed yesterday because their "system" was down and they did not expect it to be back before the end of the day. 

So I guess the manager was lying to me today and I was in a time warp yesterday.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tingting said:

Today the bank is open. The teller has money but the one ATM does not. They said the truck was coming to fill the ATM before noon. They said the other ATM was being repaired.

There is defintely no closed sign-4 of us checked.

I checked CI Banco for my neighbour and they had no money also about 10:30.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

I certainly do. I am a client.  It was locked, and the lights were off. There was no one behind the metal gates. Today they told me they were closed yesterday because their "system" was down and they did not expect it to be back before the end of the day. 

So I guess the manager was lying to me today and I was in a time warp yesterday.

You just seem to be confused. They were open all day yesterday and are open today. Yesterday there were about 6 people behind the metal/glass gate. I went in their and saw them.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

I couldn't go in the metal gate was down and there was a sign in the door saying only closed with no explanation

I went in to the inner sactum no problem.

• Sad 1