Chapala.com Webboard

SCAM ALERT Lisa is at it again

MtnMama

Apparently Lisa Jorgenson has resurrected an old email list or harvested a new one, because I am receiving copies of the "Lake Chapala Reporter" and the "Guadalajara Reporter" trolling for subscriptions. I removed myself from her mailing lists years ago. The two site are a scam - she "borrows" stories from other papers and charges a subscription to view them. Her URL is guadalajarareporter.mx. Don't waste your money, it just encourages more fraud.

For anyone who doesn't know, the actual site for real Guadalajara Reporter is https://theguadalajarareporter.net 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I don't know how she keeps going. I'm amazed that anyone might actually subscribe to her publication. I receive her promotions to subscibe just about everyday, read her provacative come-ons, and then delete. She picks up her "news" based on info that's available just by Googling. She's shameless. But clever.

Gosh, I used to get all of Lisa's spam, but darn it, not any more. I found much of she wrote to be terribly entertaining and of course, ridiculous.

:)

• Like 1

My problem is she visited my Nursing home many years back and one of my famous residents for an interview. After I asked to read what she wrote and was told I had to subscribe. I have had many people visit my nursing home and never had not one to tell I could not read or view my interview. 

Oh well. 

• Like 1

You could call or email the reporters and websites and tell them they have a great sales person they could use......or something else. Maybe if she reads a reporters news story of what she is doing it might dawn on her to stop. I'm sure the groups don't want people thinking they would be charged.

2 minutes ago, gringal said:

The emails from her site started early this week and went to my SPAM folder. Each time, I tried to "unsubscribe", but they have kept coming anyway.  About now, I'm wondering if there is a more effective way to shut her up. But WHAT???  Any suggestions?

Why are you looking at your SPAM folder?  Just don't look and you won't be aggravated.  That is why SPAM folders were created.

1 minute ago, mudgirl said:

Uh, no. I check my spam folder all the time. I've found emails in there from legitimate emailers. 

Then based on that you might as well not mark anything as SPAM and just have everything go to your inbox. Would save you a lot of time! 

Fortunately for most of us the SPAM designation saves a lot of time and annoyance.. That is why it was created. 

The irony is you are telling people on another thread about barking dogs to stop telling the poster what to do instead of answering her question, and here you are telling the poster... what to do. And ending with a condescending note on top of that.

My own Spam folder lights up when it has a new email, and I always check to make sure it's not a mistake. That's just life with email. Because it doesn't always work the way it should.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Then based on that you might as well not mark anything as SPAM and just have everything go to your inbox. Would save you a lot of time! 

Fortunately for most of us the SPAM designation saves a lot of time and annoyance.. That is why it was created. 

It doesn't take a lot of time- it takes seconds. I just quickly look it over, make sure there''s nothing legit there, and delete all. There's never more than half a dozen emails in there because I keep it cleared. I don't hardly ever get spams in my inbox, so I'm not sending things from there to the spam box. The vast majority of what appears in my spam box is shunted there by my email provider.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

The irony is you are telling people on another thread about barking dogs to stop telling the poster what to do instead of answering her question, and here you are telling the poster... what to do. And ending with a condescending note on top of that.

My own Spam folder lights up when it has a new email, and I always check to make sure it's not a mistake. That's just life with email. Because it doesn't always work the way it should.

Actually I asked a question. "Why are you looking at your SPAM folder?" The poster did not respond however....

Someone else who I did not ask a question of chimed in do defend the person that I asked a question of.

Sorry it offends you that I could possibly ask such a question  But I am so happy you are following and remembering my posts {smile} and I promise I will not insult or attack  you by using words like condescending {smile}  As I believe you are welcome to your opinion.

Now it seems many people check their spam box. I haven't in years. 

• Like 1

Mostlylost is on a roll lately.

Interestingly enough, my Gmail Spam folder rarely has any spam in it that I didn't direct there,  BUT my Trash folder is packed full of unread spam emails that Gmail is putting there on my behalf.... 5-10 an hour sometimes!