Chapala.com Webboard

Red River Valley

Is it just my aging ears 👂👂 or is one of the tunes played by the recently fixed Ajijic Parroquia's quarter-hour chimes, the song "Red River Valley?"  

The chimes change their tunes throughout the day, but lately in the mornings this is what I ***think*** I've been hearing.  

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Is it just my aging ears 👂👂 or is one of the tunes played by the recently fixed Ajijic Parroquia's quarter-hour chimes, the song "Red River Valley?"  

The chimes change their tunes throughout the day, but lately in the mornings this is what I ***think*** I've been hearing.  

Johnny and the Hurricanes version?

Aha!  I found Red River Valley listed in the playlist for the Electronic Carillion Music Library here, https://help.chimemaster.com/p/Electronic_Carillon_Music_Library

Music is grouped first into Sacred or Non-Sacred, then into Catholic, Protestant or Ecumenical, then into the appropriate season(s). When programming random selections, the user selects between Sacred and Non-Sacred. If the Marian season is enabled in the almanac setup menu, then Catholic selections play for the Sacred groups. When the Marian season is disabled, Protestant music will play.

Here's a screen print showing Red River Valley. 

redriver.png

• Thanks 1