Chapala.com Webboard

Emission Testing Chapala?

MexLuis

The last I heard, there were only two testing stations in and around Guadalajara. And these two stations only have the capacity to take care of a small % of all the folks in Guadalajara. So nothing to worry about now.  Maybe they will add stations in the future, maybe they won't. Only time will tell.

Please someone correct me if my information is outdated.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, johanson said:

The last I heard, there were only two testing stations in and around Guadalajara. And these two stations only have the capacity to take care of a small % of all the folks in Guadalajara. So nothing to worry about now.  Maybe they will add stations in the future, maybe they won't. Only time will tell.

Please someone correct me if my information is outdated.

As time will tell;? I think not--The Smog Testing Racket has not taken root in Mexico; and I see it will never take root--I've been in PV for fifteen years and there is no such thing--I hailed from the Bay Area in CA where this cottage industry has taken root and the roots are deep--Smog Testing is the culture of the many rackets in first world countries. Besides; cars today are very efficient and there is no reason to saddle people with more taxes and regs. That's the main reason I immigrated to Mexico---One  word  FREEDOM !!!!!!!--I remember back in the sixties when this smog histeria started and Mexico cried "we are  a poor nation and we cannot afford this B.S."--I felt really offended that as a poor young person I could not afford loosing my junker--Just because I was living in the US; I was not rich--Well; that was fifty yeas ago; and yes; I apologize- I'm now a bitter old man---HA-

• 2 weeks later...

Had our emissions testing done today; appointment for 10:40 and we arrived around 9:30 (expected traffic/accidents did not materialize) and they took us, as there were only 3 cars being tested and one waiting in line ahead of ours. We were out by 10:10 with our sticker and documentation. Station 003 on Mariano Otero is a clean, professional facility where everything is transparent and explained on the tv screen while you wait. Even the toilets were impressively clean and stocked. The only issue to be aware of is that the occupant(s) must exit the vehicle as one of the workers drives the car through the testing stations, and they only allow one person per vehicle to wait in the customer waiting area; any other occupants are directed to wait outside where there is a bench and some standing-room seating.

Requirements for testing are these documents: printout of appointment confirmation (scheduled by month based on last digit of license plate), original receipt for payment made, printout of their receipt/processing of payment (it comes to you in a confirmation email) and your original plastic tarjeta de circulación.

As experiences go with Jalisco bureaucracy, this was impressive and easy.