Chapala.com Webboard

Car Rental from Mark Turford

Just wish to say that my recent experience of renting from MT was great. He has a selection of older cars which reflect the attractive rates. I had a 1996 Corola for 4,200 pesos a week (2% discount for cash)

The car was delivered on time and everything worked OK and suited my requirement of just running around at Lakeside. Contact #3333989045

Rafael Car Rentals: 331 216 5892 Facebook only: https://www.facebook.com/Rafaels-Car-Rentals-112645043551865

Gustavo Medeles Cordova 333 128 3400 Facebook only: https://www.facebook.com/gusmedeles  Lastyear ago $25 US/day discounted by the week.

Margaret Ancira 331-177-6330 Last year weekly was $200 US.

Keeping in mind that these people all have newer cars.

We rented from Mark Turford when we were between cars.  Kinda liked that they were older, dinged....didn't worry much about where we parked 😊

A major plus was that Mark puts the renter's name on the insurance policy which he gives you should you need to show it.  A few years ago we rented an older large SUV from him which was very helpful in transporting large items as we were furnishing a new home at the time (and again, didn't worry about scratching interior surfaces when loading, unloading).  Mark and his workers were always very responsive and helpful.  

fwiw, I went to the FB pages you provided; neither showed prices though I didn't delve into older posts.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As I said, I'm glad he was good for the OP. I am not disparaging him in any way. I was just pointing out cheaper prices for newer cars. Where I come from, Rental Wrecks are older cars and therefore give you much better prices than newer cars.  And I provided contact information, as asked. I have no control over the content of their sites.

2 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

As I said, I'm glad he was good for the OP. I am not disparing him in any way. I was just pointing out cheaper prices for newer cars. Where I come from, Rental Wrecks are older cars and therefore give you much better prices than newer cars.  And I provided contact information, as asked. I have no control over the content of their sites.

I also meant no disrespect to the OP or Mark.

Personally, for the same price, I'd prefer a newer car that has multiple safety features, other than a single 25 year old airbag that is most likely only provided for the driver. 

• Like 1