Chapala.com Webboard

BQ Tank

TelsZ4

Natural Gas js mie three times more expensive in EU than in 2020.

Induction cooktops & high efficiency mini split heat pumps, here, make a lot of sense.

Modernist Cuisine, a virtual culinary bible, does not address BBQ. Esp at our altitude, it is hard to reach the desired Maillard Reaction temperature of 280 - 330 F much of what BBQ is about. 

7 hours ago, TechnoNorm said:

Modernist Cuisine, a virtual culinary bible, does not address BBQ. Esp at our altitude, it is hard to reach the desired Maillard Reaction temperature of 280 - 330 F much of what BBQ is about. 

I can get my gas grill up over 550 F quite easily.  Gas grill manufacturers calibrate their grills so they max out between 500 and 600 F.  Ours is an el cheapo we got at the local Walmart in 2017.  

4 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Natural gas is very different from propane (gas liquado) which we use lakeside.

I live here.  I use propane.  I have a gas grill with a built in temperature gauge.   Getting it to 550 F takes about 10 minutes.  

fyi, 99% of gas grills come with PROPANE tanks in US, as well.  And again they are calibrate to reach 500 to 600 F using PROPANE.

Natural gas grills will burn just about as hot as propane (easily to 500 F) when they are designed to run on natural gas and/or properly converted. 

https://barbecuesgalore.ca/blogs/master-your-grill/21343233-whats-hotter-propane-or-natural-gas

https://broilkingbbq.com/propane-vs-natural-gas-yes-there-is-a-difference/

7 hours ago, TechnoNorm said:

Natural Gas js mie three times more expensive in EU than in 2020.

Induction cooktops & high efficiency mini split heat pumps, here, make a lot of sense.

BS.  According to the temperature gauge on my BQ it reaches 525f ..

19 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

BS.  According to the temperature gauge on my BQ it reaches 525f ..

Where do you live? If lakeside you are not using natural gas. BBQS are designed to use propane so of course it works fine. 

Natural gas is delivered to your home by underground pipes and is only available in very limited areas in larger cities in Mexico.  

All gas powered appliances must have the correct system for the type of gas you use.