Chapala.com Webboard

Solution for WalMart intersection

AndyPanda

Just noticed that they are again blocking access into the Walmart parking lot coming south on the Libremento. So if you want to access Walmart coming from SAT or East, you have a dilemma!!! I used to jog up through the Laguna Mall, south on the Libremiento and straight into Walmart...not anymore...It's CRAZY!!!

1 hour ago, dennis clark said:

No entrance from the east?

There is NO entrance from the east. I have to go through the intersection and make a left at the first opportunity in La Floresta. Loop back on the lateral, re-join the highway and turn right and go down on the west side of  Autozone.

There are people who like to drive the wrong way up the ramp on the east side of Walmart. I am not one of them. That's yet another accident waiting to happen. You can ONLY EXIT from the east side.

I am surprised that Walmart did not find the right person to award the right amount of mordida to get this site configured to thier benefit. There were 3 directions to be able to access the parking lot...from the East, West and North. Now there is only 1, from the West, that has direct access. I am sure there is much head scratching (or head rolling) at the top of the Walmart corporate ladder.  

@gringohombre If you come down the Libramiento, take the right exit ramp.  There is a left arrow at the end of that exit that allows you to cross the carretera (and bike path) into the "driveway" by AutoZone, which will give you access to Walmart.

19 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Just noticed that they are again blocking access into the Walmart parking lot coming south on the Libremento. So if you want to access Walmart coming from SAT or East, you have a dilemma!!! I used to jog up through the Laguna Mall, south on the Libremiento and straight into Walmart...not anymore...It's CRAZY!!!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gringohombre said:

That entrance has only been open a total of 3 or 4 non-consecutive days since the intersection was built. It has not been accessible for months now.

I do not understand why the community was supposed to pay to accommodate Walmart’s shoppers. I do not care about Walmart’s shoppers. This is a Walmart problem. It is the cost of doing business. Walmart needs to come up with the money or pull down their ugly store and replace the avocado groves it destroyed. 

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, luisa said:

I do not understand why the community was supposed to pay to accommodate Walmart’s shoppers. I do not care about Walmart’s shoppers. This is a Walmart problem. It is the cost of doing business. Walmart needs to come up with the money or pull down their ugly store and replace the avocado groves it destroyed. 

Did you ask any of your Mexican friends or neighbors if they think that Walmart was a good or bad addition to our community??? I think that the answer might surprise you!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

Did you ask any of your Mexican friends or neighbors if they think that Walmart was a good or bad addition to our community??? I think that the answer might surprise you!!!

With what luisa said,I doubt that she communicates with many Mexicans. The vast, overwhelming majority of shoppers at that Walmart are Mexicans

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2