Chapala.com Webboard

No internet

adolphsj

It's 11:30AM here in upper Ajijic, at the top of Calle Juarez and still no internet from Telmex.  However, I had the local cable company out and they replaced my cable modem and at least IZZI or what ever it is called, it providing me now with a slow internet connection. I'm getting 10.4 mbps down by 1.4 mbps up. 

Beforehand all I had was my cell phone, which I used to provide me a  Personal Hotspot connection, which was very very expensive.

Yes, I just looked at my Apple Watch and I received a text message on my watch screen saying my Telmex Infinitum was up again. Yes, it is on but a little slow, but you would expect that after such a long shutdown. Everyone is back online trying to catch up with their email accounts etc. 

Let's see how long the internet lasts from infinitum before it goes down again.

:) 

2 hours ago, johanson said:

Yes, I just looked at my Apple Watch and I received a text message on my watch screen saying my Telmex Infinitum was up again. Yes, it is on but a little slow, but you would expect that after such a long shutdown. Everyone is back online trying to catch up with their email accounts etc. 

Let's see how long the internet lasts from infinitum before it goes down again.

:) 

Amazing it was on my Android watch as well!!

• Haha 2

Upper Ajijic. Top of Juarez Infinitum working great, for once :)

Ping            Download             Upload

16            45.05 Mbps         10.57 Mbps

Well it is now down. Weird.  Glad I have a backup connection

12 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

You sure it wasn't the worldwide outage of Facebook, Whatsapp, and etc?

That outage of Facebook, etc acted very differently than this outage. At least in my neighborhood the internet service keeps on going off and then coming back on.  Weird. 

And Mostlylost, my iPhone uses Telcel not Telmex.

20 minutes ago, johanson said:

That outage of Facebook, etc acted very differently than this outage. At least in my neighborhood the internet service keeps on going off and then coming back on.  Weird. 

And Mostlylost, my iPhone uses Telcel not Telmex.

Pete my Android uses Telcel also. Believe it or not Telmex actually can send text messages which you would receive no matter what carrier you use for cell service.

20 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Pete my Android uses Telcel also. Believe it or not Telmex actually can send text messages which you would receive no matter what carrier you use for cell service.

That's right. It's just that iPhones receive the messages sooner than those silly android things. If you don't believe me, check it out on Bing or Google search.

• Sad 2

26 minutes ago, johanson said:

That's right. It's just that iPhones receive the messages sooner than those silly android things. If you don't believe me, check it out on Bing or Google search.

What??? You use Microsoft and Google to search?? Too bad apple hasn't come up with a search engine. 

Threw away my iphone for more memory & battery life. My cell has 512gb storage which is upgradable. Battery lasts all day.

• Like 1