Chapala.com Webboard

Heavy duty window screens

Karina G

Just now, Karina G said:

Who replaces window screens for a reasonable price? Need someone who'll come and give me an estimate. More important than ever with the threat of dengue, but I want the type that are a heavier metal mesh. I see it more often on screen doors... 

Any metal workshop can make those for you. We have one in our kitchen big window but they are harder to see through.

And be sure to ask if those heavy metal screens will rust if they get wet and that they are a small enough mesh to discourage mosquitoes and bo bo's. I replaced all of mine for the reasons listed. One of the things that really irritated me was the installation of the new screens. Spaces in various places around them because of the crappy fasteners and too few of them to do the job properly. Be forewarned.

And the good stuff ain't cheap. This is the largest size with the smallest mesh in stainless steel that I could find on Amazon.com... https://www.amazon.com/Mesh-24-X40-60X100cm-Stainless/dp/B08H219879/ref=sr_1_17?dchild=1&keywords=stainless+steel+fine+mesh+screen+in+24+or+greater+inch+width&qid=1632598443&s=industrial&sr=1-17