Chapala.com Webboard

2 doses of Sinovac and then what?

Estrellas

18 hours ago, Estrellas said:

I had my 2 doses of Sinovac earlier this year but that vaccine is not accepted by Canada. What other vaccine do they accept that you can get here? Where can you get it here and the cost?

All help appreciated.

Canada accepts Pfizer, Moderna, and J & J but you can't get them in Mexico as you have already had 2 Sinovac. Mexico has a central registry for vaccines-they would see right away that you can't get any more in Mexico. You have to start over in the US or Canada.

8 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

The CDC says the U.S. will accept full vaccination of travelers with any COVID-19 vaccine approved for emergency use by the World Health Organization, including those from Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson used in the U.S. Other vaccines are also approved by the WHO and used widely around the world, including from AstraZeneca and China's Sinovac, with varying degrees of effectiveness against COVID-19 and its more transmissible Delta variant. The WHO is reviewing Russia's Sputnik V vaccine but hasn't approved it.

So if you want to fly to the US and get a Canadian approved vaccine the option will still be available after November.

WHO has approved Sinovac but Canada has not. So you can go to the US with 2 Sinovacs and get 2 vaccines of a non Sinovac and then get into Canada. What a mess. I got my second Sinovac vaccination in April and my first J & J about July 6th in Texas, Soon hopefully I can go to the US and get my 2nd dose of J & J and then I may be good to go anywhere.  

What does fully vaccinated really mean?  So you have had the two shots, does that mean you are fully vaccinated for only 3 to 6 months?  It has been stated that after 3 months most Covid vaccines begin to lose their effectiveness.  After 6 months its time for another one.  With a 99 percent survival rate why is everyone freaking out about Covid.  For certain someone is making big money.  Now are we expected to get vaccinated every 6 months till we eventially die?  Come on people, think, what is really going on here?

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

2 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

What does fully vaccinated really mean?  So you have had the two shots, does that mean you are fully vaccinated for only 3 to 6 months?  It has been stated that after 3 months most Covid vaccines begin to lose their effectiveness.  After 6 months its time for another one.  With a 99 percent survival rate why is everyone freaking out about Covid.  For certain someone is making big money.  Now are we expected to get vaccinated every 6 months till we eventially die?  Come on people, think, what is really going on here?

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

"Mexico 3,619,115

Covid-19 Deaths 274,703  7.6%

Deaths per 100,00  215.33"

7.6 percent death rate in Mexico according to John Hopkins not 1 percent.

5 minutes ago, AlanMexicali said:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

"Mexico 3,619,115

Covid-19 Deaths 274,703  7.6%

Deaths per 100,00  215.33"

7.6 percent death rate in Mexico according to John Hopkins not 1 percent.

Mexico has one of the highest, if not the highest death rate from Covid in the world. It was at 11% for most of this pandemic. 

2 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

With a 99 percent survival rate why is everyone freaking out about Covid.  

It's 98%, not 99, and I guess you aren't aware  of all the people clogging up the ICUs, on ventilators, suffering horribly. Taking up beds so others with serious non-Covid illnesses are being turned away and dying. Some are hospitalized for weeks or even months, some end up needing lung transplants, some with permanently damaged organs, some are suffering long term complications. 

It's not all about the death rate. Nor "freaking out".

A friend of mine contracted polio back in the 50's, before she was able to get vaccinated. She didn't die, she just was in incredible pain at the age of five, and has spent her entire life in a wheelchair with shriveled legs and a deformed body. No big deal, right?

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

It's 98%, not 99, and I guess you aren't aware  of all the people clogging up the ICUs, on ventilators, suffering horribly. Taking up beds so others with serious non-Covid illnesses are being turned away and dying. Some are hospitalized for weeks or even months, some end up needing lung transplants, some with permanently damaged organs, some are suffering long term complications. 

It's not all about the death rate. Nor "freaking out".

A friend of mine contracted polio back in the 50's, before she was able to get vaccinated. She didn't die, she just was in incredible pain at the age of five, and has spent her entire life in a wheelchair with shriveled legs and a deformed body. No big deal, right?

Covid-19 killed 8 friends of ours here in San Luis Potosi last year in the INSABI Covid-19 hospital and when I read posts like that one I am truly disgusted with the person posting them. They are unsympathetic of people like myself and those who have suffered a great loss of dear friends and family and should be ashamed of themselves.

• Like 3