Chapala.com Webboard

2 doses of Sinovac and then what?

Estrellas

you cannot pay for vaccines and they will not mix vaccines so good luck to us.

My nephew in France received astrazeneca and pfizer as second dosis but I was told by the people administrating the vaccines that they will not mix vaccines here so it seems that the options are limited.

2 hours ago, KMadison said:

Hi

Both mRna’s

Astra and J&J. 

First, neither are mRna's. Only Pfizer and Moderna. No vaccine is yet available for sale.  That is regulated by the World Health Organization, and with millions of people waiting to receive any vaccine, it may be awhile. Vaccine supply in Mexico is limited so if your CRUP card shows you've been vaxxed, I expect you will get some push back when they so open vaccinations for your age group again.

What are other Canadians doing?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MtnMama said:

What are other Canadians doing?

Well, I declined to get the Sinovac they were giving in my area precisely because I knew I would be going to Canada this last summer and doubted they would accept it. 

So I got my PCR test here, had to do the 3 day hotel quarantine when I arrived in Canada, finished out the rest of the 14 day quarantine at my daughter's on Vancouver Island and went and got my first Pfizer the day I got out of quarantine. Now I just have to track down where I can get hopefully get a second Pfizer. Might just have to fly back to Canada again and do the whole thing again.

9 hours ago, Estrellas said:

I had my 2 doses of Sinovac earlier this year but that vaccine is not accepted by Canada. What other vaccine do they accept that you can get here? Where can you get it here and the cost?

All help appreciated.

While acceptable vaccines for Canada are available in MEX, because you have already had 2 doses, your dance card is full and you won't be allowed to get more vax here at this time.  Your record with MEX Salud shows you are fully vaxed, end of story.  

Many Lakeside Canadians have been successful in getting vaxed in US and have posted about their experience on this forum.  

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, econ man said:

No one is saying they are mRNAs. They are saying:

Both mRNA's (are acceptable)

AND

Astra and J&J (are acceptable)

That's the way I read the post by @KMadison, too. Shorthanded it by saying "Both mRNAs" rather than listing by name, Pfizer and Moderna.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ferret said:

No longer an option as of NOVEMBER. Adult foreigners traveling to US will need to be double-jabbed (theguadalajarareporter.net) So, if you're going, you better go soon.

Now, if the U.S. would just require Covid testing for flights within the U.S.

Given the dispersion of immigrants that would be a very good idea.

• Thanks 1

Nice little dig there HoneyBee. I was referring to American Citizens living in states that are anti-vaccine. Stop them from flying without vaccination proof and the U.S. MAY get a handle on the spread of the virus. The U.S. has already mandated that immigrants be fully vaccinated.

U.S. Makes Covid Vaccinations Mandatory for New Immigrants - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

• Like 1

The CDC says the U.S. will accept full vaccination of travelers with any COVID-19 vaccine approved for emergency use by the World Health Organization, including those from Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson used in the U.S. Other vaccines are also approved by the WHO and used widely around the world, including from AstraZeneca and China's Sinovac, with varying degrees of effectiveness against COVID-19 and its more transmissible Delta variant. The WHO is reviewing Russia's Sputnik V vaccine but hasn't approved it.

So if you want to fly to the US and get a Canadian approved vaccine the option will still be available after November.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Nice little dig there HoneyBee. I was referring to American Citizens living in states that are anti-vaccine. Stop them from flying without vaccination proof and the U.S. MAY get a handle on the spread of the virus. The U.S. has already mandated that immigrants be fully vaccinated.

U.S. Makes Covid Vaccinations Mandatory for New Immigrants - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

The key word in this article is "lawfully" ☺️

4 hours ago, Dostortas said:

You can fly to the U.S. to be vaccinated.  It was very easy to do there, you can walk into most pharmacies and get vaccinated within minutes without an appointment regardless of your nationality.  

While correct, there is a slight catch. You must wait for 14 days after the second shot to be considered vaccinated entering Canada.

So you cannot just get a short layover and carry on. 

Also the Provincial passports seem to all have bottlenecks if your shots were from outside those Provinces.

8 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

While acceptable vaccines for Canada are available in MEX, because you have already had 2 doses, your dance card is full and you won't be allowed to get more vax here at this time.  Your record with MEX Salud shows you are fully vaxed, end of story.  

Many Lakeside Canadians have been successful in getting vaxed in US and have posted about their experience on this forum.  

Many Canadians have also gone to the US-California or Texas to get vaccinated.