Chapala.com Webboard

Internet TV options

RCman

11 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

That's not the source; that's the receiver.

No, I don't. Because I don't mess with any of that crap anymore. I have boxes of useless Android devices. I have Roku, Chrome TV, Firestick. I don't play jailkeeper with any of them. I hired Rich to set up his version of Firestick, which saved me endless hours of research and work, and I don't use it much anymore either. These rigged user devices are so far from being average-Joe friendly, and I don't care anymore. So futzing with Real-Debrid for it's purpose doesn't interest me.

We're arguing semantics.  You're talking about "source content".  I'm talking about "source device".  When you plug the stick into the HDMI port, you have to choose it as the source device on your TV inputs.  A Firestick doesn't have a receiver in the technical sense of the term.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Can the poster or someone here expand on this part of a post above:

"Also,  check out Syncler+.  It's the best streaming service I've found.  It costs $1.25 per month US for 5 devices, but it's the best of all the services if you have a Real-Debrid account."

I, like many others here am tech challenged but looking at better ways to receive TV through Firestick apps. There are 2 services here that I have never heard about before. Gracias

These are not Live TV services.  They are for streaming Movies and TV series, but not in real time.  Real-Debrid is a service you sign-up for to make these free streaming services a lot more useful.  It provides very stable links to stream content with no buffering.

13 minutes ago, All Day said:

We're arguing semantics.  You're talking about "source content".  I'm talking about "source device".  When you plug the stick into the HDMI port, you have to choose it as the source device on your TV inputs.  A Firestick doesn't have a receiver in the technical sense of the term.

If you want to argue semantics, which I am not, because all I asked was your definition, then get the terminology correct, at least. And now you are just nitpicking.

End of conversation for me. Those who came here looking for answers have no further need for this discussion either.

44 minutes ago, All Day said:

These are not Live TV services.  They are for streaming Movies and TV series, but not in real time.  Real-Debrid is a service you sign-up for to make these free streaming services a lot more useful.  It provides very stable links to stream content with no buffering.

Let's say I sign up for both Syncler+ and Real-Debrid on my Firestick4. What benefits will I get? I am have ILox and get about 80 download speed on my desktop and about 40 from the wi-fi at the front of my TV. I now have many apps that work somewhat but some buffering and "freezes". Also there are some problems with other apps such as Mobdro and RedBox which have basically gone away and I cannot reinstall. Again in not-tech language por favor. 

23 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Let's say I sign up for both Syncler+ and Real-Debrid on my Firestick4. What benefits will I get? I am have ILox and get about 80 download speed on my desktop and about 40 from the wi-fi at the front of my TV. I now have many apps that work somewhat but some buffering and "freezes". Also there are some problems with other apps such as Mobdro and RedBox which have basically gone away and I cannot reinstall. Again in not-tech language por favor. 

The benefits are solid streams with no freezing or buffering. The streams you pick from also show bitrates, so it's easy to pick a stream based on your download speeds.  You say you have 40mbps at the TV.  So you would choose links that are 30mbps or less (rough estimate).

It's pretty technical to setup, so if you have a tech guy I would have him install both Syncler+ and Real Debrid.  Try it for a couple of months.  If it doesn't work for you you're only out a couple of bucks.  Here's a link for setup:   Syncler Setup

11 minutes ago, All Day said:

The benefits are solid streams with little or no buffering. The streams you pick from also show bitrates, so it's easy to pick a stream based on your download speeds.

It's pretty technical to setup, so if you have a tech guy I would have him install both Syncler+ and Real Debrid.  Try it for a couple of months.  If it doesn't work for you you're only out a couple of bucks.  Here's a link for setup:   Syncler Setup

Thank you for that however I do not think it will work for me. At the start of these instructions it says: "Currently, users must install a provider package in order to stream content within Syncler. However, the developer plans to add support for 3rd party add-ons in the near future."

I do not have a "provider", since I gave up Dish Satellite years ago because of the price (US$80 a month for basic) and many outages due to rain and weather and went to the Firestick and apps. I still have 2 huge dishes on top of my house for those who might be interested. I have also run into this problem in trying to download some apps. Is there a way to get a free or cheap "provider package"? Gracias

50 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Thank you for that however I do not think it will work for me. At the start of these instructions it says: "Currently, users must install a provider package in order to stream content within Syncler. However, the developer plans to add support for 3rd party add-ons in the near future."

I do not have a "provider", since I gave up Dish Satellite years ago because of the price (US$80 a month for basic) and many outages due to rain and weather and went to the Firestick and apps. I still have 2 huge dishes on top of my house for those who might be interested. I have also run into this problem in trying to download some apps. Is there a way to get a free or cheap "provider package"? Gracias

I don’t believe so..I’m not an expert but maybe the genius who thinks he is an expert could answer your question.

So far I have never found away around that, I wish I could there are some great streaming apps available if you have a provider..  

2 hours ago, gringohombre said:

You have everything you need.  The provider packages are just a tool used to find content on the internet servers.  What you need is the Syncler+ app (with a Syncler+ subscription, and an account with Real-Debrid).  Then you're good to go.  Here's a link to installing the Kosmos provider package.  How to Set up Syncler, Use Subtitles & Install Syncler Provider Packages - UniTopTen

1 hour ago, All Day said:

You have everything you need.  The provider packages are just a tool used to find content on the internet servers.  What you need is the Syncler+ app (with a Syncler+ subscription, and an account with Real-Debrid.  Then you're good to go.  Here's a link to installing the Kosmos provider package.  How to Set up Syncler, Use Subtitles & Install Syncler Provider Packages - UniTopTen

Do you know if Syncler works well with windows 7? (yup; still there)

3 minutes ago, timjwilson said:

Do you know if Syncler works well with windows 7? (yup; still there)

I loved Windows 7.   

I've never tried Syncler on Windows.  You would have to run it in an android emulator, like NOX Emulator).  I've used android emulators before and, at least for me, Android apps running on an emulator feel very sluggish compared to running the apps on an Android device (and I'm running a fairly fast Win 10 laptop).

Here's a link if you want to mess around with it:   Syncler for PC Windows 10/8.1/7 & Mac [APK Download]

If it doesn't work for you, all you've lost is a little time

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2021 at 4:59 PM, RCman said:

Getting tired of Shaw service. Has anyone had good consistent Internet Tv operating with Ilox fibre optic. I’ve tried options before but got nothing but buffering.  Also, I’m not a techie so would need someone to install and test their service.

This thread really didn't answer your question, did it?  First of all, what kind of device are you using.  Fire TV Stick, Roku, Android Box.......?

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2021 at 11:13 AM, TelsZ4 said:

If I’m not mistaken about a year or so ago the Gadget Guy posted on here or maybe it was FB  about a guy called Rich who purchased a Firestick from him, he commented about how he was watching him install it, and asking questions, he even called him at home with questions, then a few weeks later he is on FB selling Firesticks and installing them.. The Gadget Guy was pissed…

Is this the same Rich Natasha is promoting, ?  Maybe he doesn’t want to use the Ethernet connection because the Gadget Guy didn’t explain how to connect it to him.. Firesticks do not have an Ethernet port so you have to know how to connect the Ethernet cable..

No  CG recommended using him. Now who is spreading untruth ?