Chapala.com Webboard

Damn Pot Holes

lakeside7

This AM I was going West from Chapala, a few hundred yards, meters from the lights .....just past The Coffee Tree, there is a huge pot hole near the center of the road.

Suddenly I see this car on my side of the road taking avoiding action of going into this HUGE pot hole...damn that was a close accident...When will those ###**le(:) fix these holes, That part of Hildago is a MESS.

Is the "Base" of that highway "Unstable" and will always be breaking up??

Yes, and it was resurfaced less than a year ago.  The entire highway is already breaking up.  Not properly bedded and thin coat of asphalt spread on top of unstable base and old potholes.  But it was smooth and pretty for a little while.  The main problem is the amount of bus and heavy truck traffic required to use that road.  Dump trucks and delivery trucks hauling tons of rock, sand, cement, beer, and dirt.  On the plus side, the crappy roads (and poor traffic lights and crazy weekend traffic) might keep more of us gringos from moving here...

Alan

• Like 1

The main problem is too many levels of corruption in the construction process and zero actual inspections before, during and after the job is done. If you read the requirements for the bid, and see the actual work it is obvious the work does not meet standards and the pavement will not last. What that means is there will be a new contract in 3-5 years and the process will line many pockets again. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, barrbower said:

Yes, and it was resurfaced less than a year ago.  The entire highway is already breaking up.  Not properly bedded and thin coat of asphalt spread on top of unstable base and old potholes.  But it was smooth and pretty for a little while.  The main problem is the amount of bus and heavy truck traffic required to use that road.  Dump trucks and delivery trucks hauling tons of rock, sand, cement, beer, and dirt.  On the plus side, the crappy roads (and poor traffic lights and crazy weekend traffic) might keep more of us gringos from moving here...

Alan

The view from my window in Lourdes has told me that the SAME holes have had to be repaired at least 5 times each since the wonderful new surface was applied in this road project designed and managed by highschool students.The asphalt Is a whopping 2 inches thick.

hidalgo.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg